TV..do you have it? Do you watch it?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OMG what are hiding behind those aprons?

luvinlife offthegrid

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I like some tv. We don't have cable or a dish, just air channels. I get 3 PBS stations, which I really like. Local PBS, create, and world. We also get abc, NBC, CBS, fox, This, CW, and the weather version of the local station. Sometimes they play local college hockey. I have a few shows I watch. If nothing is on, I read or or surf byc and ss on my phone of hubby's iPad. Sometimes I'll play a bit of angry birds before bed. I don't feel we overdo it. Sometimes I wish I could have my choice of NHL games to watch, but every time I go to someone's house with cable I think the same thing- "there's just more of nothing on.". I might get hbo online for game of thrones this season, otherwise I'll rent it on neflix. I like that my son doesn't have ten channels of kid-centered garbage for me to have to screen. We will probably never get a dish.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
luvinlife offthegrid said:
I like some tv. We don't have cable or a dish, just air channels. I get 3 PBS stations, which I really like. Local PBS, create, and world. We also get abc, NBC, CBS, fox, This, CW, and the weather version of the local station. Sometimes they play local college hockey. I have a few shows I watch. If nothing is on, I read or or surf byc and ss on my phone of hubby's iPad. Sometimes I'll play a bit of angry birds before bed. I don't feel we overdo it. Sometimes I wish I could have my choice of NHL games to watch, but every time I go to someone's house with cable I think the same thing- "there's just more of nothing on.". I might get hbo online for game of thrones this season, otherwise I'll rent it on neflix. I like that my son doesn't have ten channels of kid-centered garbage for me to have to screen. We will probably never get a dish.
"Kid centered garbage that has to be screened"..do you ever have that one right... :thumbsup

luvinlife offthegrid

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
luvinlife offthegrid said:
"Kid centered garbage that has to be screened"..do you ever have that one right... :thumbsup
Thanks! I love that my 6-year old son would rather watch "secrets of the dead" (archaeology or related) than a lot of other stuff. Of course, I do let him watch some stuff I can't stand that isn't too horrible, just so that he can have something to talk about with his peers. He's already so different than all if his friends- being off the grid so far out of town, and with his disorder. A little mainstream stuff won't kill him. Or me!

And dang. I'm feeling bummed that I missed the joke before I posted. :p

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
We watch TV and we have shows that we dearly love. :D I'm not ashamed of it, and I'm not a brainless moron who buys loads of crap either. :lol: We actually rarely watch commercials because we have a DVR and usually record our shows ahead of time, so we can control when we want to watch a show, and not have to sit down at a certain time to watch it. There are so many educational shows out there, like MOdern Marvels, How It's Made, and so many cool shows on Discovery and History channel, etc. We also watch sitcoms just to laugh, because I think it's important to laugh in life and not take life to seriously. The kids don't watch much tv, maybe a little on the weekends, but it's mainly hubby and I watching tv at night. :) We only have 1 tv in the house that is hooked up to cable. The other TV is hooked up to the Wii so we can watch Netflix movies on it. :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:thumbsup

I love How it was Made. I learned so much on that show lol

I even love the 'seemingly' boring ones like how to make a paper clip or a skateboard

and recording is wonderful. don't have time, record and watch later. thank goodness for that box! :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Mike is cool and did ya ever notice he is the voice of a ton of these shows. He must be a ga-zillionaire for sure.

I like someone who eats bugs, plays with guts, crawls into sewers and more, but he sure gets paid wonderful to do it :0

and then he has a commercial with his parents for Bounty towels or something. talk about the gods smiling on all of them lol