TV..do you have it? Do you watch it?

Leta

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I could care less about the gaming video things---but give me televised sports. Many a great party while watching football games. Ah, wouldn't trade those days for anything.

I want a man who loves sports....to me that is very manly. I like that and require that in a guy. Plus I love the fact my man can kill things. Truly. It is so important to be able to have someone who can pull the trigger on livestock when absolutely necessary. Big toys are a must also!

just things I sure look for in a guy :lol:
Yeah, but you like televised sports, too, right? So you have that it common. I would literally rather go to the dentist than sit through a football game. Not just football, all of them bore me to tears.

( I don't mind baseball, live, or even on the radio -I played as a kid, so I actually understand the game- but I don't like baseball enough to watch it on TV and have all my attention consumed by it. :lol: Does that make sense?)

So I realized that I didn't want a partner who took up a lot of time being a sports fan. Or a video game fan. Manly or not (though it certainly is more typical of men), I wouldn't want a partner who was into these things even if I were a lesbian. This is not meant as an indictment of sports, or sports fans, this is just what floats my boat. I also am bored to death by scrapbooking and collecting Simpich dolls, and would not want a partner into that stuff, either.

On the manly scale, though, DH can most certainly kill things. He grew up on a working farm and worked at a meat plant.

That said, my MIL is the best hunter I know- she gets at least half a dozen deer every season.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Actually, although I am not a sports fan...I most certainy appreciate them...when the sports are on, the TV is much more tolerable than when they are watching violent screaming, swearing and killing on some movie. I don't understand how anyone can be entertained by that stuff! So I have kind of grown to like the sports...but don't watch them :) LOL!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Marianne said:
MorelCabin said:
We definitey have a TV...big, black, good for nothing but noise and violence, is how I see it. DH and son watch it every night, I can't stand it. I used to watch the home decor shows alot, but even they got a little too liberal for my taste...so I avoid the whole thing as much as possible and bury myself in the sewing room when the TV is on:)
I'm sorry, what was too liberal in a home decor show? (I'm not trying to be snotty or rude here, I'm just curious)
Not sure how to respond with 'politically correct' finesse...so lets just say it is my home, and what goes on in my home I have control of...what goes on in the outside world I tolerate or avoid :) Always with a big smile and an easygoing attitude...but my home is my refuge, and I try to keep it that way.
See? I knew exactly what you were talking about without asking for clarification....we should be neighbors! :D

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
MorelCabin said:
Marianne said:
I'm sorry, what was too liberal in a home decor show? (I'm not trying to be snotty or rude here, I'm just curious)
Not sure how to respond with 'politically correct' finesse...so lets just say it is my home, and what goes on in my home I have control of...what goes on in the outside world I tolerate or avoid :) Always with a big smile and an easygoing attitude...but my home is my refuge, and I try to keep it that way.
See? I knew exactly what you were talking about without asking for clarification....we should be neighbors! :D
I knew you would, Bee...:) Love ya sis!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Spill it Bee. liberal is a strange word to use describing home decor shows lol

:lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
chicken lol

I am wondering if they do home decor shows in Canada in the nude or something...you guys got me thinking along those lines :lol:

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
chicken lol

I am wondering if they do home decor shows in Canada in the nude or something...you guys got me thinking along those lines :lol:
ahhh, no...that's the cooking shows...I still watch those...