Unheated Greenhouses

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just a thought... What about a milkhouse heater? I was able to raise ccx through the dead of winter in a 8x16 uninsulated plywood room with a milkhouse heater and two hanging chicken lights. The room never dropped below 50 degrees even during that cold snap in single digits overnight.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Overnight low temp was 28 degrees. I folded the blanket to be 2 layers thick. Under the blanket, the domes held it to 46 degrees. 😲🙌 I might actually get some lettuce from this experiment?

I will add another blanket. I think I have a wool horse blanket stashed somewhere. Something a little more windproof than the cheap poly comforter that is on it.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@R2elk I love your greenhouse. It's even a great winter porch area!! I've been wanting to enclose my back porch in a similar way. Morning sun on back and southern exposure on end. Those pictures just spark my desire again. Dang you!! 🤪

My porch is a 3' raised, sand filled, brick outer and concrete poured on top, for the floor surface. Sounds like a heat sink storage area. 🤔 wood rails and posts. I think there's possibility!