Unheated Greenhouses

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I learned how to operate the clips that hold my greenhouse panels onto the frame. 💪 Before today I've been dependent on DH or DS14 to do it for me.

I bought a wireless indoor/outdoor thermometer with a 24 hour hi/lo. Its not a smart device, I will need to track greenhouse temps versus outdoor temps on paper. That's okay, it will help me become more aware of patterns and how I can manage my greenhouse better.

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I learned how to operate the clips that hold my greenhouse panels onto the frame. 💪 Before today I've been dependent on DH or DS14 to do it for me.

I bought a wireless indoor/outdoor thermometer with a 24 hour hi/lo. Its not a smart device, I will need to track greenhouse temps versus outdoor temps on paper. That's okay, it will help me become more aware of patterns and how I can manage my greenhouse better.
I track mine using an Escel spreadsheet on the computer. I hand enter the data.

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The blanket pulled over domes at dusk is holding them about 10 degrees above outdoor temps. was overcast and only got up to 70 degrees again.

Greenhouse saved them from the first light frost last night.

I have a library book ready to pick up on Monday about using unheated greenhouse. I read the book a couple years ago and remember it being helpful, but I didn't try anything from it. I was trying to use it in spring and was surprised to have more difficulty with heat than cold.
How to insulate a greenhouse with bubble wrap.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Greenhouse has been doing well holding nighttime temp 46 - 50 degrees F when we have gotten as low as 28 degrees. This next week will be interesting test. We will have progressively colder overnight low temperatures, forecasted low next Friday is 18 degrees F.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Would a 100 w bulb in greenhouse be possible? I've read that just a candle burning in a car can keep temps up...