Unofficial Economic Poll

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
2dream said:
Even though I agree that we are in a depression I will also have to say that I don't really see much different happening in my area.

The malls are full this holiday season and traffic is awful. All the resturants around the malls are full and seem to be booming.

While thousands are unemployed thousands are not. And the ones who are not unemployed seem to be spending like crazy.
I'll bet those who are employed, though, are doing a lot of shopping on plastic, not with cash.
QA I would put money on them using credit cards. If I could just find someone to bet with my I could Christmas shop myself. LOL

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I would agree about the credit card shopping probably accounting for a lot the spending.

But I also heard a report last night that more people are using cash and the retailers don't like it, because, as we all know you spend less if you are paying in cash.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
I like to follow these things too, FarmerChick, so like you say, it will be interesting to see the fall-out this year. I agree that there have already been a lot of deep sales early in the season. I just wonder if those will continue (out of desperation) or if they will not have as many sales the closer we get to the end of the season? That may be the key predictor. :hu
I am waiting for the 100% off sale!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Oh boy . . . I don't know . . . do you really want to see that? :hide That will be the day that I stock up on canned goods (obviously not included in the sale) for the bunker that I will be obliged to build. :p

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

no I truly don't want to see that.....cause knowing me, I wouldn't get anything. I am the type pushed way back in the line. More are meaner to get to the loot than me..LOL

90% would be good..:celebrate

I love CVS and Walgreens sales after Christmas. They put everything 90% off just to unload. I have a blast there....for like $20 I get the world. Well, kinda! I pick up all those fancy chocolate items for us and we pig out....:bun

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
:D Now for chocolate, I might be willing to go to a sale like that and maybe even (ssshhhhhh!) push my way in a little. ;)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hmm..you'd probably grab me by the back of the shirt neck, sling me backwards to the ground and put muck boot prints all over my face to get to that chocolate wouldn't you?

:plbb

You know the funny thing it seems no one ever wipes them out. I go and just get a few things and get great sales but it isn't a madhouse. I have more trouble with toilet paper on sale at CVS....they never have it in stock when a good sale runs. People will kill ya for TP! :rolleyes:

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
:lol: Who me? Nah, I'm afraid I wouldn't have it in me. . . even for chocolate. I don't even stand up well to those pushy old lady types that cut in line. :p And I certainly wouldn't wear my muck boots to the store! :lol:

So TP wipes them out? :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

old ladies can be very dangerous! they don't look it, but WHOA momma.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Chase her with a dirty shrimp or a meatball DM and you could get all of the discounted chocolate! :gig

Still those two words together... :lol: :lol: