Urban's Journal- It is no more.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am glad you took the time to communicate with her and remedy the situation. Lets just hope she grades your paper fairly and does not hold a grudge.

Great job standing up for yourself.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Well, I can somewhat see both sides. I'm just glad everything got resolved and hopefully she'll be fair when she grades your paper.

I will tell you this. GPA's don't mean squat when you get out into the "real" world so don't sweat it too awful much.

Case in point...my husband did 3 yrs in college with a 2.something gpa, didn't finish, and now has a wonderful job with verizon and makes $30/hr with tremendous benefits. Knock on wood.

I graduated summa cum laude, never got a full time teaching job cause I had no experience (well, DUH, I just graduated), took what I could get working at day cares and as a tutor and ended up making more money at Hooters than I did at any teaching job I ever had.

Just something to think about and put things into perspective for ya....:hugs

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This is in no offense to the amazing teacher Free :D

I prefer men teachers most of the time. I prefer the way they teach and handle situations. I, personally, have better experiences.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
MsPony said:
This is in no offense to the amazing teacher Free :D

I prefer men teachers most of the time. I prefer the way they teach and handle situations. I, personally, have better experiences.
No offense taken, this was my experience and observation, too, as a student. The class always behaves better as a whole with a man as a teacher. Both men and women students.

The worst situation for me as a teacher of adult students is an all-female class that has no other classes with a male teacher....all women, all the time. In massage school, that happens a lot, as the ratio of men vs women is not great. There are not too many male instructors, either.

If a male teacher takes a hard stance on behavior in the classroom, lateness, turning in work on time, etc, nobody blinks. If a woman takes the same stance, she is a b!tch. :hu

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think its how it is with dogs, its a testosterone (sp?) Thing. No matter how hard I try, or how many training class hours I log with my dog, he automatically minds my SO and me second. My trainer keeps telling not to sweat, its just a hormone thing.

Stupid testosterone.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Well, I can somewhat see both sides. I'm just glad everything got resolved and hopefully she'll be fair when she grades your paper.

I will tell you this. GPA's don't mean squat when you get out into the "real" world so don't sweat it too awful much.

Case in point...my husband did 3 yrs in college with a 2.something gpa, didn't finish, and now has a wonderful job with verizon and makes $30/hr with tremendous benefits. Knock on wood.

I graduated summa cum laude, never got a full time teaching job cause I had no experience (well, DUH, I just graduated), took what I could get working at day cares and as a tutor and ended up making more money at Hooters than I did at any teaching job I ever had.

Just something to think about and put things into perspective for ya....:hugs
GPA can make a difference in government sector. You can start a pay grade higher if you have a good GPA.