Urban's Journal- It is no more.

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm in education. And my experiance is that its who you know. GPA isnt really important. If they like ya, then they keep ya. Outsiders are encouraged to move on. :idunno

I have to work in a big district because the district I live in and my kids attend won't hire me. I moved to their town, so i'm an outsider. It's really rediculous. I guess I could attend the local church of christ and see if that helps. But I aint giving up my Sundays for it. :sick

Now since my kids are active in UIL, band, sports, cheer, etc. I have noticed a bit more friendliness among the natives. Seems they like the boost in acheivement my kids offer. :tongue

The politics are awful. :he

It's about who you know and how well you kiss :bun it has nothing to do with being truley capable. But if you can get that peice of paper then grab it. It's very useful. :thumbsup Mostly.
Here in Texas we are cutting 12000 teaching jobs. Too bad my spanish sucks, thats a guarenteed job here. bi lingual is a golden ticket.

Hope all goes well. I made dean's list at A&M every semester including this one. But I can't find a job any where near where my home is. The future is hard.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Yeah but who wants to work for the government??? :gig
I would!!! :D

I'd have so much fun doing intel or analysis.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've been wondering where you are. What happened?

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Oh lordy....well, at least maybe for now your sanity will come back :hugs

Latest posts