USDA...National Agricultural Classifaction Survey?????????

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
A form like like might not have been a big deal a couple of years ago. Now, in context with new regulation, expanding government, and an anti small business agenda, I don't trust a damn thing coming from the gooberment.
X2 The Government is always overreaching their authority, but in the past couple of years they have stretched it out even further.

aggieterpkatie.....can I ask what it is you do??

grannymiller

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
aggieterpkatie said:
I used to get the sheep survey and I filled it out. I don't see the big deal.

Besides, I'm a government employee in the ag field, and I would be upset if someone like Granny Miller yelled at me for doing my job. Of course, we always get permission before going on someone's property. It's not like the employee created the survey. :rolleyes: He was just doing his job. She could have been polite and still told him her opinion.
Actually it's a very big deal.

He didn't ask permission to come onto my farm. He was totally uninvited and better never come back.

The Taxfeeders at the USDA never ask permission for anything - scrapie ears tags and Premise ID are a perfect examples of that. Government programs are just rammed down our throats whether we like it or not.

The man I ran off my place may have "just been doing his job", but then again I'm defending my way of life from an overreaching and parasitical big government in bed with multi-national corporations determined to put me out of business.

If the USDA needs private information from me in regards to how many sheep and goats I raise then they'll need to get a court ordered subpoena. It's like asking me how much money I have in the bank.

Here's only one reason why it's a big deal.

Simple common sense informs most people that when total numbers, age and losses and expectation of ewes, rams, lambs births and other vital data are collected, then it is very easy in any given location to manipulate the futures market.
If large packers or corporations don't know what I'm or what my neighbors are doing in the barn with our sheep or goats then they have no way to screw us by the time lambs go to market. It's simple math to do the calculations. So when nobody knows when or what I'm bringing to market on any given day or in any given month then I get the price I want. Collusion by special interests can't happen.

And in so far as the survey worker......well he actually said to me "Don't shoot me!"
I didn't have a gun.
He probably hears it all day long. Which is good news because it means we're winning - and bloated, overreaching federal thugs are losing and starting to get scared.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
grannymiller said:
aggieterpkatie said:

Besides, I'm a government employee in the ag field, and I would be upset if someone like Granny Miller yelled at me for doing my job. Of course, we always get permission before going on someone's property. It's not like the employee created the survey. :rolleyes: He was just doing his job. She could have been polite and still told him her opinion.

He didn't ask permission to come onto my farm. He was totally uninvited and better never come back.

The Taxfeeders at the USDA never ask permission for anything - scrapie ears tags and Premise ID are a perfect examples of that. Government programs are just rammed down our throats whether we like it or not.

The man I ran off my place may have "just been doing his job", but then again I'm defending my way of life from an overreaching and parasitical big government in bed with multi-national corporations determined to put me out of business.

If the USDA needs private information from me in regards to how many sheep and goats I raise then they'll need to get a court ordered subpoena. It's like asking me how much money I have in the bank.

Simple common sense informs most people that when total numbers, age and losses and expectation of ewes, rams, lambs births and other vital data are collected, then it is very easy in any given location to manipulate the futures market.
If large packers or corporations don't know what I'm or what my neighbors are doing in the barn with our sheep or goats then they have no way to screw us by the time lambs go to market. It's simple math to do the calculations. So when nobody knows when or what I'm bringing to market on any given day or in any given month then I get the price I want. Collusion by special interests can't happen.

And in so far as the survey worker......well he actually said to me "Don't shoot me!"
I didn't have a gun.
He probably hears it all day long. Which is good news because it means we're winning - and bloated, overreaching federal thugs are losing and starting to get scared.
:clap
And! :welcome

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
grannymiller said:
aggieterpkatie said:

I didn't have a gun.
Well I certainly respect your decision to defend your property, I was just voicing my opinion being a gov't worker myself. I don't work for USDA, and like I said we always ask permission to enter the property, but I get "yelled at" all the time (in the office) from farmers who don't agree with certain government programs (which in our office are not mandatory, they're voluntary). It is not MY fault as a gov't employee that the programs are what they are, I don't make the rules. I'm just doing my job.

It's like calling up your internet provider and yelling at the operator because you don't agree with the price of service or you have a faulty connection. I prefer to be nice first, because it's not the workers' fault that the company does what it does! If you're going to yell at anyone, yell at the ones who make the decisions! Don't shoot the messenger, so to speak. :lol:

grannymiller

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
aggieterpkatie said:
It is not MY fault as a gov't employee that the programs are what they are, I don't make the rules. I'm just doing my job.

It's like calling up your internet provider and yelling at the operator because you don't agree with the price of service or you have a faulty connection. I prefer to be nice first, because it's not the workers' fault that the company does what it does! If you're going to yell at anyone, yell at the ones who make the decisions! Don't shoot the messenger, so to speak. :lol:
You are probably a nice person - but that's a really lame excuse, and is known as the "Nuremberg Defense".
I mean after all, those poor German soldiers & SS officers where just following orders ;)

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
grannymiller said:
aggieterpkatie said:
It is not MY fault as a gov't employee that the programs are what they are, I don't make the rules. I'm just doing my job.

You are probably a nice person - but that's a really lame excuse, and is known as the "Nuremberg Defense".
I mean after all, those poor German soldiers & SS officers where just following orders ;)
Right, because my job offering cost-share for best management practices is the same as torturing and murdering an entire race of people. :lol:

We'll just agree to disagree. :)

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
The republicans have the House now. They are redistricting and need a higher head count.

probably totally innocent. Might be something or other to do with chips or something. I wouldn't fill it out. Let them count your cows on Google maps.

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
Wifezilla said:
A form like like might not have been a big deal a couple of years ago. Now, in context with new regulation, expanding government, and an anti small business agenda, I don't trust a damn thing coming from the gooberment.
X2 The Government is always overreaching their authority, but in the past couple of years they have stretched it out even further.

aggieterpkatie.....can I ask what it is you do??
Last couple years? Try about last 30 years.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The biggest thing that bothers me is that we haven't been doing any "farming" at all,..my Dad just registered his bee's,...he has two hives,.:idunno We haven't raised nothing or sold anything ever to be considered a farm or business. We,..my DH and I are in the process of getting things together to start a small farm operation,..hobby farm so to speak,..but I have been spending awhile on the WV Dept. of Ag, website and these people are trying to get up in all of your business,.scrapie ear tags and this premise id,...I even have to register with the WVDAg just to sell a few eggs "legally". :rant I am not sure what I want to do now,... :hu

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Well I was being generous. If you want to get technical, we could go back to the Wilson administration....