USDA...National Agricultural Classifaction Survey?????????

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
We got one in the mail last year which is a little funny because we do live within city limits and we or the property has no paper trail of being "ag." We chucked it.

I asked about garden size too. I figure none of the government's business. Given laws on seed sharing, produce selling, home canning, and food hoarding....

WHY would I want to put my foot in my mouth? I'm NOT ordinarily anti-government, but I draw the line here!

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
Too bad there's no way to tell what it is really for. It might actually have a purpose besides manipulating the public and taking away everything they hold dear. We'll never know though. All the info on the internet is so badly skewed, it's a waste of time reading it.

I would throw away the form unless it's required as part of whatever business you are doing. If it's needed to legally do what you are trying to do then it should be filled out. maybe they want to give you a million dollars.

If you don't want people coming to your door, use a gate or very plainly post that nobody is allowed past the public right of way. Then you have a good reason to get mad at him if he comes on your property.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The forms do supply the govt with vital info about "where they might" build a state processing plant for small animals like fowl and rabbits etc.

It does give the govt. "good" info to act on like what areas should be given access to small farm loans etc.

It does give the govt. INFO and a way for more control---LOL---which we all KNOW can not always be a good thing.

I filled mine out for many years and one day I got a letter stating that since so many of us produced meat birds within an area, the govt. was going to help fund the building of a process plant for chickens,fowl, rabbits and other small livestock. WHICH is wonderful cause they are very hard to find these plants for processing....but sadly, this plant is still like 3 hrs away from me darn it....so I never used them. BUT many in my area DO DRIVE that 3 hrs. to have many animals processed for their biz.

So some good can from surveys.

AND DON'T shoot the messenger lol anyone doing their job SHOULD announce they are coming onto your property but even if they did not, sure get mad a bit, but don't go overboard.

How many have paranoia toward the govt. whenever "they" do anything? Millions lol

At one point I stopped filling out the forms cause they were ANNOYING. Didn't have any paranoia attached to the reason I didn't return them, I just didn't want to fill them out.....reminds me of darn Dr. forms HA HA HA

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Im not filling out this form not due to being paranoid,...it is because I believe what a person is doing on his or her own property is nobody's business as a private landowner. IF I were running a small business from my farm, it would be another story. I would probably would fill out the form because that information to the gov. can more than likely help than hurt a small farm business. Being in business is a public thing after all. ;)