Using PEE as liquid fertilizer....

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I can't pee on over 80 acres in production....not bothering with this one...LOL-LOL

interesting though all the same.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I think I would rather invest in a composting toilet (which we WILL do when we build our retirement cabin), than to bother collecting my pee for fertilizer. I have enough animals for all the good manure I need.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I request my ds and dh pee around the back side of the property on occasion. I have been told it will deter the coyotes.

Reaction score
CARS said:
Where ever my dog (female) pees the grass is dead.

I, however, have no issues with me peeing in the compost.

Don't think I am going to get the family to store their pee in bottles though.

Why not take it to the next step? Pump your own septic and compost it!
That would be funny. Of course the smell would knock you out.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Actually, when our septic gets pumped, we request that they spread it out on our farm fields....NOT that we would tell the neighbors that :D

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Beer in = pee out!! I pee all over the back yard when I let the dogs out for their evening potty break!!!!!
Might have to build a little wall so I can get to the compost pile without being spotted by my neighbors..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I can't pee on over 80 acres in production....not bothering with this one...LOL-LOL

interesting though all the same.
I could see that being hard.
Why bother :p

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Actually...with a fridge and a couple of gallon jugs, its not inconceivable. With the dilution strength, if one had a liquid fertilize dispenser thingy for their tractor, it could definitely be done. AND save all the money one would spend on the very expensive, high nitrogen liquid fertilizer.

Where there is a will, there is a way to save some money and recycle something that is ordinarily wasted. Just think...all that nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium being flushed down the toilet each day. What a waste! :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
While it might be practical on paper...LOL...I am not storing gallon after gallon of pee in the fridge for the fields. Truly will never happen!

One fridge wouldn't hold enough to get me 1/10th of an acre covered...LOL

By the time I had 50 fridges with pee in it, then the energy waste would equal the price of buying my fertilizer...HA HA

Latest posts