Using PEE as liquid fertilizer....

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
From what I've read about liquid fertilizer, 5 gal. of concentrated 4-3-3 does 60 acres of pasture. So, conceivably, if this is used in the same application and dilution rate, 5 gal. stored in an old fridge in the garage wouldn't be a bad deal. Collected all winter and stored in a freezer and thawed in a fridge, it would be soooooo much cheaper than commercial preparations.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I'm familiar with the concept, but have not tried it myself. Didn't the Chinese used to do this?

The only thing that concerns me is that worms don't like it and I like to have lots of earthworms everywhere.

Interesting what you guys say about areas that dogs have used. What is now my veggie garden (raised beds) used to be the area where the previous owner kept their dogs and it is the only area of our land where the grass is green and lush.

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We planted ornamental corn at the very end of the garden last year. It just so happens that the end of our drainfield is about 10' from that end of the garden. The corn was about 9' tall when it was mature and a lot of the stalks had 3 ears. What do you think, liquid fert ? :hu

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
The further I look into this, the more amazed I become....did you know that they have a Pee On Earth Day? June 21!

Here's a link to some interesting things about it....even shows a pic of them using urine on a large scale on farms in Sweden!

http://www.liquidgoldbook.com/

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
If I try this I certainly won't tell anyone! Not you guys, either! :lol: (What do you think the likelihood is that I try it??? Pretty darn high, I am so determined to grow a fantastic pasture. I won't tell dh, either!) :gig

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I will definitely try it and post pics if I can. I'll even do it as a test case in my most level, pretty piece of lawn....and show the befores and afters, if any. I'm a "show-me" kind of gal! :)

I'm not a bit leary of trying new "old" things after reading up on the results, the pros and cons, and the testimonials.

Its funny how folks will spread animal manure, that is soaked through with urine, on gardens and pastures, but would hesitate at putting their own urine in the same areas. At least I know what is in mine....no meds, no de-worming chemicals, no highly acidic high-corn diet....just healthy pee. I'll chance it! :)

I like free....free stuff is good....I don't have to haul this stuff and use the gas or labor involved in incorporating it into my pastures and gardens. Free, labor saving, and time saving are my favorite things in life. :thumbsup

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I will definitely try it and post pics if I can.

I like free....
Um....just pics of the results, please, not every stage of the project! :hide :gig

And thanks again! I like you, too! :cool:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:yuckyuck I'll make sure its just the results! :lol: Even I couldn't stomach pics of that!!!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I'm laughing so hard reading this that I'm peeing in my PANTS not my garden.

I stumbled on this when I was trying to find out if anyone started a post about goats vs. lambs and I couldn't contain myself while reading on. I'm getting a lot of funny looks from my family.

Farmer chick, you so funny!:lol:

Latest posts