Veggies

What's your favorite or least favorite veggie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't like mushrooms, the texture bothers me! Like most everything else though.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
What? NO tomatoes listed?? :p I love all the veggies in the poll and a few that are not listed there. The ones I can happily live without are radishes, yams, swedes, (cooked) cabbage, brussels sprouts :sick and asparagus.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't like cooked cabbage either but have been known to eat stuffed cabbage leaves.
Nope no tomatoes listed; sorry- couldn't put all veggies down or else that list would go on forever ( 4-5pages) which is too long of a poll.
What's wrong with asparagus? I didn't like it in my younger years but now I do especially if it has a garlic butter sauce on it. The next time my Uncle is here I'm going to try Grilled Bacon wrapped asparagus.
I'm just glad I have such an agreeable Uncle that's willing to be a "human guinea pig"/ "test subject". :thumbsup

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Stir fried cabbage is nice, but boiled-to-death cabbage (and spinach)… Thanks, mom! She put me off for live, though I learned to love spinach later, I'm still struggling with cabbage cooked.

Oh, but tomatoes are so good! They need a place of honour on the list ;) I'll stop teasing you now..

Asparagus and me, nothing wrong with the veg as much as it reminds me of something I'd best forget. Guilty by association I suppose.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
At first I would get okra and asparagus mixed up but okra is the one I detest and refuse to eat no matter how it's cooked.
I like most veggies raw and sometimes have been known to eat them straight out of a garden. :thumbsup

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I make pies with spinach and add it to pizza sometimes. It's lovely when it's not boiled to death.

A few years ago I was visiting some friends and looking at their vegetable garden. The husband of the couple told me his wife grows spinach, he can't stand the stuff, he will not eat it!! I asked him if he ate my mom's spinach then, if he has such strong feelings agains it. Yeah, it was that bad lol He burst out laughing, but wouldn't let me convince him to give it a try anyway..

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
With my family members (except for some who say they aren't rabbits so they're not going to eat rabbit food) we LOVE our meat but LIKE veggies and will eat any and all veggies.