WA HOO FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ya'll need a beach trip to make you smile!!! LOL I do, believe me, I need it and it does make me feel great.

had a blast BUT the cg was very old, kinda trashy, and just not that nice. The sites were good and wide etc. but the 'look of the place' was rundown. I didn't enjoy that but the people were nice, beach was fab but geez, the heat was tough.

but home to work again as usual in life.....but take off for 8 days in Aug. to the beach again....and holding out til that trip :)

hope everyone doing well

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hot hot and more hot

just got done cleaning vinyl siding on garage. we park 5th wheel next to it and that green mold was creeping in. got it nice and clean. whew, I am hot.

we weeded thru kiddos old toys. took 2 garbage bags of 'crap' to the garbage can. :) I am thrilled to have that little plastic crap gone.

huge T storm last night. darn near flooded the pasture etc. got bad water run off near the side of the house where hubby is replacing the fence. I have to get a ditch dug fast cause it was insane the crappola that floated down to the pool area. Alot of work to fix that side of the house. come cooler weather we will fix it all up.

got alot done today. gonna swim in a bit to relax. I tell ya the work never finishes does it ? :p

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh to have a pool to hop into on days like this :love

Our temps are lower today, but the sun feels much hotter. I got a mild burn, through my tshirt, after just a half hour outside. Weird :/

We had a pretty good rain maker last night too - my SFG registered 1.6 inches!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
our rain sure hasn't stopped. wettest summer I can remember. in fact it rained some this morning. everything is so green still and I have to still mow. most times in Aug the lawn is brown. not this year :lol: I will be mowing into Dec I am sure. ugh

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol: :D :lol:

See YA'LL

be back friday night.

off to the beach early sunday morning for a week. oh yes. wonderful camping site directly on the ocean. Edisto Beach State Park.

pulled kiddo from school. since they went back early this year. Aug 7. huh, but teacher said this calender was sprung on everyone without notice, so many kids are being taken out for their august vacations. oh well that is good. she got some math homework to do. 2nd grade. whew, good things the problems are easy HAHA

everyone have a great week. Will metal detect. Hoping for that monster treasure, be lucky not to find TOO MANY beer tabs and soda cans :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh, confirmed that Tony is going for shoulder surgery.

ugh

when we get back from the trip he is going to schedule surgery. rot. cuff. problems. nothing is helping so Dr. said surgery is required. torn muscle, burr in there on the bone and something else.

4-6 weeks in a sling. then, maybe back to work or more time off. not sure, surgeon said he will know when he gets into the shoulder to see what has to be done.

yes, it is always something :)

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:frow Have fun at the beach!

Hope things work out w/ Tony's surgery. FIL had that surgery and it put him out of commission for a good while :(

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hope he heals up quickly. When I had mine, hubby knew someone that had a shoulder operation, and in 3 days, was pretty much healed up. That's what he expected for me. :he

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
3 days to heal on shoulder surgery. No, that isn't going to happen LOL I know he will need more time than that....hmmm...will give him 5 days HAHA

yea SS I do think he will be out of commission for a bit.

Dr. said 4-6 weeks in sling...then after is taking it easy etc. but will all be determined after Dr. gets in there and sees what work needs to be done.

Tony is getting a few things done now because he wants to get this surgery in Sept. and get this over with in this year. since he already hit his deductible for medical so I want it under this year time. Plus he should be really good to go for the holidays in Nov/Dec....so that should be good.