WA HOO FarmerChick

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I have been looking at it too but I have laminate floors and I don't know how well it would do with them. :/

My husband wants to raise meat goats as a side business with a friend....can you please talk him out of it.....:p

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey KS

it came with 3 pads

one for use on my Pergo wood flooring (thicker bigger shaggy type)

then 2 regular white low pile pads for other like kitchen bathroom

and it came with an attachment I hook up to "lift it higher" and if I use the wood flooring shaggy pad, I can steam clean my carpets for a freshening.

never had to change the pads yet and they are still in good shape

Also....the Pergo wood floor I do not 'do that often' because I am always worried about 'water' on that floor LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh Lori

I feel for ya. Raising meat goats to 'actually turn a REAL cash profit' is hard.

you must buy feed by the ton. anything bagged is way too expensive.
you must not use a vet hardly ever...no money into the does from a vtet...you have to do all your own shots, and doctoring...cause one vet visit to the tune of $100 or more takes big profits away.

you gotta get cheap hay (we grew ours, so super cheap) and we have giant pastures so fed little feed and/or hay at any given time.

you have to cull severely to keep a perfect herd

it changes the whole aspect when you 'farm animals for sheer profit'

first and foremost, go to the sale auction. In your area, find the PREMIERE goat selling auction. Then get prices on the kids. Right now, near Easter, is prime time for young meat kids....see what those prices are per goat then figure per lb. price you got. then see how much per lb price you are feedng with hay/feed bills etc. THEN ADD IN YOUR TIME to work and handle these animals. Good chance you will be in the hole HA HA HA

we did well for many years cause we had the set up already, giant pastures, made all our hay, etc. Prices were good at certain holidays so we bred straight for that.

believ me, I learned over the last 15 years, I will never make an income off a live animal like this again. For others who are younger, etc. and have the resources, go for it if you handle it like a true business.....but other than that, at this age, animals are a friggin' nightmare to me now LOL

best of luck and keep trying to talk him out of it HA HA

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thursday

weather seems nice...chilly out there but Carolina Blue Sky and that is always welcome.

have to hit the road early.

going to the liquor store.
stopping at grocery for a few items.
have to hit Walmart for a few b-day toys for Nicole.

finish one more clean up before party tomorrow. Only 4 confirmed and 3 sleeping over...so will be alot easier than I thought.

Hey parties are expensive....all this kid crap adds up. LOL

Pool man came--nice guy. Said grading is nothing to worry about in that position so he said installation should go very quick and easy. I like hearing that.

Chatted with my neighbor the other day. His boy is in Nicole's kindergarten class. They were playing in his backyard and I asked if it was OK for Cody to swim thru summer and he said sure, weekends. I kinda thought, why only weekends and then asked..LOL........both parents work. DUH....They have to do daycare all thru summer. OMG.....you know me being home all the time now I just never think of these things. I would not trade 'not working' for anything with a younger kid. So lucky I can do this. I wish more people could get the opportunity but 2 incomes are required by some many to survive.

well off to get Nicole on bus and me out the door in a bit to hit the stores and get home fast. not in a shop mood at all, which is good, means I will buy way less.

everyone enjoy Thursday! :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
so yesterday Tony goes off with his buddy Big Jim
3 hr drive to Big Jim's hunting lease land--to shoot turkeys

no turkeys--yea they saw some, couldn't get shots, so no turkeys

Tony parked at work and drove with Big Jim.....when he got back to work he got in his truck and headed home.

rounding the worst curve in the world, a turkey flew into the passenger side of his truck...LOL no one hurt, but 'maybe' the turkey........so he drives up where it is safer to pull over.....walks back to check the turkey--no turkey? So he looks up the road and sees 2 on the other side. just then a motorcycle is coming into the curve area and ONE OF THOSE turkeys flew not like inch clear over the drivers head. Tony said the guy ducked and he is amazed the guy didn't wreck.

OK--Tony found no turkey. The motorcycle guy got away very lucky.

is this a turkey war now? are they attacking? :lol: :lol:

hmmm......

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol:

I had to back and read that again. At first I thought you said a turkey flew into the passenger SEAT of his truck. :gig

Good to hear no one was hurt.

Wait back up to the pool thing.

So I thought you were just getting a new liner? Did you change your mind???

Good to hear you have blue skies. We are expecting some sunshine here as well.

g

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL Gina---Tony said that...he wished he had his window open and it flew in...at least that way he would have gotten a turkey! :lol:

yea I bought the liner. Still got it in the garage. Going to sell it in the local trade paper. Too long now to return it and ship that weight would cost a fortune.

but when we tore out the old liner the rust was way up the sides. So we decided, ok, one more pool. Tony tore down the old one and took the metal to scrapyard with other stuff.

so now new bigger pool....had a 15 round, now getting a 24 round.

I will post a pic when done....WA HOO

yea that is why we cut down those 5 monster trees. They shaded the new area plus those leyland cypress were dying from the inside out. So they are gone everything is opened up and nice.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nicole is 6 today! :weee :weee

Another 12 or so years and off to college :lol:

well party day. got tons of balloons to blow up and bought up that air pump gadget...whew gotta decorate the dining room with tons of pink ribbons and princess stuff to the max.

Cake is so cute and pink lol

House is spotless...so fine on that route.

Soap orders thru the roof. Have to work a few good hours wrapping soaps, boxing orders, getting store orders ready...ugh

Never got to Walmart. So I have to go today to get 2 presents she asked for. Baby Alive and some Polly Pocket thingy. Plus I got her a princess beach towel, friendship bracelet craft set for them to make tonight, a swim boogey board.

Have to go to the school at 2:00 and take popsicles. Seems to be a tradition for the parents to bring popsicles for their class when it is their birthday....wee

didn't sleep good. very tired. just laid there and flipped and flopped over and over...don't know why, just had that icky feeling of not wanting to drift off...so of course I fall asleep hard at about 3 and 6 came real fast LOL

so off to do tons of stuff today....everyone enjoy this fine day, cause after all it is April 15, and my little tax write off is 6!! :love

HA HA HA