WA HOO FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
School called. Less than 1/4 inch of snow and the roads are clear and wet. 2 hour delay. I forsee another phone call....school is cancelled...LOL but we shall wait and see

Painting my master bath. Well haven't gotten far. Last few days I wanted to finish my cabinets (went from white to a cocoa light brown) but with Nicole home I haven't done it cause she would want to help, and I truly want a good job done fast LOL So I am going nuts wanting to get this finished and dry so Tony can change out the new hinges and door pulls I bought. Then I can get the walls painted.

Got the new light fixture up and I love it. Got a 4 bulb unit and it sure throws tons of light. I gotta see in the bathroom hahaha

No good screened canopy at Walmart. Gotta hit another store.
Spent under $200 so I got out of there cheap LOL

Going to be a boring day here. Usual house cleaning and crappola like that. Won't be thrilling that I can forsee lol

everyone have a good morning and stay warm !!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
boooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng!

but ha! i cant even get up the gumption to do any of my inside projects. i'm immobilized by the cold and i'm inside! ha!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Of course, you do realize that horses are like potato chips, you can't have just one. You'll need one for you, as well as a pony for your daughter. :plbb

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL Deb

she wasn't too interested in my horse that passed, but then again she was 2 when she died.....and so far horses don't thrill her. she will ride the goat tho.

I will get one for me first and give her pony rides and see if she is interested for real. I had a old companion pony for my QH. I thought I was doing him a favor but I had a houdini on my hands for like 12 years. Of course once bought I could never sell him. AND hard to ride, omg he was a POA trained for eventing yikes. I could ride him but I was kinda just too big lol Patches lived to about 32. Man he went on and on with no problems. Ponies are good stock! :)

WOW I love horses haha

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Finally Friday!

got my bathroom cabinets finished. The cocoa color is nice on the vanity. I did a good job :p Tony just stared his 4 day 12 hr shift at work....so I won't replace the hinges and drawer pulls til his next day off. But that is fine, gives that paint a good dry time before he messes with it.

today is run to the store and get the wall paint. Pistaschio Mint I love the light green color on the sample! Will start painting Monday when Nicole is in school. Fingers crossed it looks good on the walls LOL

then some new rugs and new hand towels to match. just a spruce up and should be nice when done.

After the bath is the kitchen. Painting it yellow! What a very nice bright color in the kitchen.

These are the only 2 projects for this season. Come next fall it will be Nicoles bedroom and bathroom. But my bath and kitchen is enough for now.

Darn dog. Pees in the house still. UGH thank goodness it skulks away and pees on the hardwood in the back tv room. I can clean that easy when I step in it :p He holds the other for outside but the sneaky pee is getting on my nerves. He is a barking fool now. I got my fingers crossed he will be good when camping. UGH

well not much happening today. This is why I love my life. No going to work, my day is mine to change at the drop of a dime lol I thought about a part time job to just keep busy now that the farm is disappearing---but then my Mom said, what are you nuts, stay home and relax and enjoy life and you have a 5 year old to take care of and if school is out then what do you do etc? Hmm... I agree MOM! :)

well off to get this day going....everyone have a great Friday!

WA HOO!!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
ah yes.. he's discovered his woofer. i think Kai scared herself when she started woofing..then she thought it was 'wicked cool'

;-)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
woofer LOL

I say to Bolt---shut your piehole and he just don't get it yet HA HA

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sat. and seems to be a bright, sunny, Carolina blue sky day out there, but chilly. Should warm up nice I hope! :)

Our hog processer, Kevin is Tony's good friend. They grew up together. When we stopped the hogs we stopped Kevin's supply of hogs cause we sold 2-3 hogs to him per week for his biz also. Now he is scrambling to find sausage hogs. Hard too cause most everyone in the biz has got out of it.

So now Kevin asked Tony if he could rent our hog barn fo $300 per month...hmmm....I hate people on the farm but then again it is a good friend. Tony and Kevin are chatting about it. Tony sold Kevin 2 of our game bird coops for his sons chickens...lol someone gave him like 6 chickens and each coop should hold 3 easily. So we got rid of 2 items that probably wouldn't be used ever again lol

Having a hard time telling customers this farm is closed. Yikes. Emails coming like crazy asking why we aren't at the market...ugh... some got ill at me lol but I said hey, you do the work if you want the product so bad haha Most are just so sad we shut down. I recommend other farms but they said they tried their sausage and hate it. (and I know why, cause they buy their sausage from commercial plants and pretend it is theirs to sell from the farm. the taste diff. is huge) but I tell the customers there is nothing I can do, change is happening and that is all there is to it. After 15 yrs of hard farming work we are done. Most customers do understand tho.

The customers are still super happy I make the soaps. All the customers who bought from me at Charlotte are now having their orders shipped...so again email orders has increased already so that is good. And Dad is going to sell soaps at Gastonia so alot of customers said they will travel to the Gastonia market for soap orders...so that is good too.

I dreaded the conversations with customers saying we are shut down. ugh

We took ourselves off the farmer list at Gastonia. Now we are a craft vendor. Wow, no more farm inspections, no more Agric. reports etc. to remain at the market. Good deal, I hated all the hoops I had to jump thru to sell at the markets...lol Being a craft vendor to sell soaps I had to give up my permanent tables, but that is OK. Dad said he will arrive a bit early to get a good table.....when reserved, your table was set, when not reserved, ya gotta fight for a good spot...lol
but Dad is 82 this year and he said it will probably be his last year (maybe) He loves to sell, it keeps him busy thru the week...he will do Tues,Thurs and Sat at Gastonia. So at least those customers can enjoy the soaps for now. When he quits, I will go to all email shipping orders which is fine. I have a hard enough time keeping up with my retail store orders and making inventory soaps for the market. As I say, it will all work out.

I think I will take Nicole to a playground today. And BOLT.....I gotta get this pup out and seeing people. He sees on person up the road from me and goes apeshi* barking....lol....so I think he needs to be with some crowds.....well, not a crowd today I am sure at the playground but I know someone will be there LOL

Gotta make a large load of soaps this morning.
gotta finish laundry
gotta vacuum
gotta hit the dollar store for kid valentine day cards for Nicole
gotta clean up in general and then the rest of the day is mine! MINE MINE ah I love the non stress days! :) WA HOO

everyone have a fun saturday, I will! :bun :bun

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My friend is a trainer in High Point, she has ponies and horses for sale right now if your interested.

Awesome about the camping!! I'm jealous. I plan on Lake Cachuma for my birthday, and Lake somethingorother for my friends birthday in July.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nicole got sick again last night but I think she was super duper over tired. Friday after school she went to the dance. from 3 to 5
when I picked her up she was wiped out....came home and said she was freezing and sick. So I doctored on her and she went to be yesterday at 5 and slept til 7 this morning................and yes she is full of energy and fine.

so bath this morning and got critter work done, so off to Mom and Dads for a few hours of goofing off.

I left Tony a lovey-dovey note in his lunch box this morning--thinking it was VDay haha.....he emailed me and said it was great but wrong day hahaha I told him to just save the love note and read it tomorrow, cause I ain't writing another! :)

I swear I can't remember any dates or what day it is, or what time something happens anymore :p and ya know what, I don't care!!!

I gotta hit the store and stock up on cards. A few of everything is best to have in the house at any given time. at .50 each from the dollar store you can do that LOL

Nice day here, sunny, warming up, Carolina blue sky is wonderful! :)

so finishing up a few things and hitting the road

hope everyone has a great day!