WA HOO FarmerChick

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Karen, if there is no accident report and he has anything wrong with his foot the company can avoid responsibility. I understand the company not wanting their workers comp going up but...... he better make sure he's covered.

G

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hmmm..not sure on that one Gina

I know it was covered as Workers Comp. We paid nothing. No er visit, etc. and nothing is submitted to our insurance. Meds were free also.

everything says workers comp and the light duty was given to him.

so I know it is covered as a workers comp. thing right now.....and the Dr. said light duty....no walking, so they put him in a chair.

do you think we are OK?

I do truly think his foot is fine. just sore right now. I get the feeling it all went the way it should ya know. what ya think?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Got a call a bit ago.

Tony's Aunt Betty passed away. Rita is ordering an autopsy. Admitted a few weeks ago with pneumonia but she had a hole in her intestines. Cancer and all that ruled out....but Rita wants to know.

She was a nice lady. Tony's Dads sister....but even living close the family didn't get together much for holidays etc. Just a short visit at Christmas kind of thing. Everyone lead their own lives.

I bet a million there will be land battles. Her daughter Karen moved into Bettys home when they went broke. Betty was living in Ritas old home near our farm. But I know Ritas hubby, bet a million he kicks out Karen and Wayne.....this should be very interesting. Cause Ritas hubby is a greedy critter --ya know the kind--mine, mine, mine and I am sure with Bettys death there will be the eviction and sale of her home and Karen and Wayne will be out. (well this family fights over land like crazy so it should be interesting...so sad truly)

And I NEVER NEVER BAKE! But hubby wanted a pinapple upside down cake so I braved it and made it and FORGOT about it in the oven when his mom called and said Betty passed.......got it out, tad crispy, but passable I think.

Never baking again :p

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
went to mom and dads yesterday.
I got my butt whooped in pinochle...lol...we play alot. love the game. Mom had monster hands. Me, I went in the hole a few times..lol
no luck for me yesterday

today get Nicole off to school and usual chores. so rainy everything mushy. no outside work. mowing when it dries out will be a royal nightmare.

might hit a few stores today, not sure, don't really need anything--so my mind is saying I might go to the local park and walk the track just to get out and goof off. But need to wait to see rain issue for today. Big t-storm last night.

other than the usual, nothing pressing today! :)

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry about the loss of your aunt, FC. :(

FWIW, I had a similar experience at work several years ago. I was working at a vet clinic, & got bit by a stray cat that had been brought in (luckily it had already gotten a rabies shot). But my thumb swelled up to twice its size, & I had to get tetanus & antibiotic shots for it. The owner sent me to a local urgent care & put it on his personal credit card so it wouldn't go on their WC. :/

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
Sorry about the loss of your aunt, FC. :(

FWIW, I had a similar experience at work several years ago. I was working at a vet clinic, & got bit by a stray cat that had been brought in (luckily it had already gotten a rabies shot). But my thumb swelled up to twice its size, & I had to get tetanus & antibiotic shots for it. The owner sent me to a local urgent care & put it on his personal credit card so it wouldn't go on their WC. :/
Those cat bites can be NASTY! :sick We had a feral cat loose in the stable where we boarded that kept having litter after litter of kittens. We finally got her trapped and when I was transferring her to a carrier from the BIG trap we finally had to use she bit completely through a very heavy welders glove and into the joint capsule of my left thumb! That was years ago and I still have a big scar from it.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Those cat bites can be NASTY! :sick We had a feral cat loose in the stable where we boarded that kept having litter after litter of kittens. We finally got her trapped and when I was transferring her to a carrier from the BIG trap we finally had to use she bit completely through a very heavy welders glove and into the joint capsule of my left thumb! That was years ago and I still have a big scar from it.
Wow, FF! Yeah, it was painful. I looked like I had a big throbbing plum on the end of my finger. And that happened to me twice. :(

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your Aunt. :hugs I hope things don't get to rough with the land. I have seen this happen a couple times before.

I hope Tony's foot is on the mend.

Have a good day.

G

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks all....Betty was late 70s but it sure was a surprise she passed so fast. Life is rough sometimes for everyone!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
off to walmart for a new bookbag. eh, about 5 weeks this one last. ugh. broken zipper and off to get a new one for her today.
fast trip, don't need anything else :p

easy day, usual things plus soap works. every one of my store is asking for the holiday soaps I make so I am laying in tons of inventory for the holiday season. keeps me hopping big time

still rainy, misty, cloudy and cruddy outside. I GOT TO MOW but can't...terrible. want to clean up front of house, lay out some new pine needles, my dad made me 3 great wooden boxed planters I want to display but can't get out there...just a wet mess!

other than that, nothing much today. Tony not shopping, he wants to stay off his foot all day. It is on the mend. He thinks another day and he might be off those crutches. Deep bruise but it is finally coming around.

everyone have fun!