WA HOO FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Got a call.

Tony dropped a 185 lb. cable reel on his foot. He said it is black on top and hurts like heck. Safety nurse called in early to take him for xrays.

oh boy, I hope bruised vs. broke lol Poor guy. some days you can't get a break...well, hmm...he might have gotten a break...lol

He said all the guys are blasting him for screwing up the safety record, no safety steak dinner cause of him. He said he is on the sh*t list HA HAHA --well at least he gave them something to talk about this morning.

so he will call after he hits the hospital for xrays.

so waiting to hear

raining cats and dogs here. icky icky day. everything is sopped to the max and mush. will take ALOT of days to dry out from all this rain.

was going to hit a few stores today but will hang til I hear from Tony. Who knows, might have to go get him or something. so best to hang around

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
foot isn't broken. xrays said OK

but very very deeply bruised and he said it throbs LOL

so he is dropping off anti-inflammatory prescrip and pain med prescrip on the way home...and in a bit I will drive out and pick them up when ready.

they want him at work tomorrow. he gets a sit down job....WOOT ...he is happy about that. No walking up and down his big machine line for a few days.....will be like a vacation to him LOL

so all good

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Glad he's ok and can work :) ( wounded feet hurt like the dickens though)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks moolie, he is fine. just crippled up a bit. on crutches..ugh

not sure if he can get a shoe on tomorrow tho :lol:

ah, the daily drama of life. what a hoot! :(

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks 2bz
yea it could be broken etc and one thing, we sure need our feet to get around quick...we don't have time to be laid up LOL

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow, so glad to hear it isn't broken. Foot pain is the worst! I hope he heals fast.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks ALL!!!

he is better this morning. he unwrapped his foot this morning for a shower and yikes, the skin scrap off the side is alot. that reel took good amt. of skin with it. but he is putting weight on it. will use crutches at work for at least today. he said sore but way better!

He is observing fiber operations at work. He is sitting and watching the fiber operator. Can you believe that? The supervisor said they would rather pay him a full days work to sit and watch, then have his accident report for workers comp. show up on the companies paperwork. huh

He has to help down in the fiber dept. now cause they are backlogged and he is learning to run the fiber machines. So this way at least he can sit and watch and learn some more before he has to run the machines by himself....so that is good I guess.

rainy last night. everything is mush here. can't do a thing outside. just way nasty. cloudy this morning, not a great day just yet. Hope the sun pops out and gives us a decent day and dry up time on that ground.

nothing pressing today. usual chores and goofing off.