Walking this morning… Pictures of Ireland

Swede

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
IMG_3300.JPG Ireland is so beautiful!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Dublin is overrated… Went there for the day on Sunday. We took a tram from the train station and first impressions was lots of graffitied buildings, smutty looking places. Across the river to Trinity College was a bit nicer, but I didn't see anything that made me go wow, except this squirrel wall art on the side of a building.

The famous college
IMG_1260.jpg

Cool street lamps

IMG_1262.jpg

Awesome wall art made out of scrap metal (See the bicycle?)

IMG_1265.jpg

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Baymule, it is now! Many of these older roads get taken back by nature over time. There is one down in Co Cork, near Model Village, at a crossing on the road where they put a STOP sign, and painted "STOP" on the road, only "TOP" can still be seen clearly. The S is gone-gone along with that side of the road.

This road in the pics get the odd truck heading out there to do deliveries of heating oil and lots of tractor traffic.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I think lots of people feel that way when they come here! It's a privilege being able to live here. I am grateful every day still. And after going on 2 years I'm still blown away daily by the beauty of this country!

I skipped my second walk today, but if the weather allows, I'll be out again tomorrow and will see what I can find to photograph. I'm quietly working on a website about Ireland, not ready to share yet, but I will in time. I'm writing pieces about living here, the people, funny stories, what to expect etc. I need to travel around a bit more for more pics and info soon. I'll keep you all posted.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'll book the castle outside the village for us for a week ;) There are loads of cows around and a working farmyard next to it, so it's perfect for us lol