Wannabefree--- Claire's kidding thread *UPDATE* PICS!!!!!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Claire is close to kidding and Claire's momma can not WAIT! :D I am getting anxious, as I am sure she is as well. She is humongous! I am hoping of course for little doelings, but I have a hunch they will be bucklings, just because, aint that usually how it goes? :lol: I will get pictures tomorrow of how large she is right now. By my calculations she is 150 days today from first exposure, which was July 3rd. BUT...yeah there's one of those...the buck was short, and we were concerned he wasn't able to reach, and so he stayed about 3 weeks, making a wide window of possibility for the babies. However, I think she is really close because her ligs are loosening, and she is pretty engorged at this point. I'm soooo excited!!! I got a stall ready today in the little barn for her, not that she will go in there, but just in case. I'm 0 for 3 thus far with them actually kidding where they are intended :p All three born on this property thus far were in a mudhole, in the rain, during the winter :rolleyes: They were all fine. I just refuse to lock a goat up. They don't have stalls in the wild, so I figure, and have seen, they do fine. I am out with the herd several times a day, and keep close watch since they are close to the house anyway. I'm just so excited to have cute little goatie babies soon :lol:
Top view..
2291_claire_002.jpg

side view..
2291_claire_004.jpg

her little evil hell spawn from last year who is into EVERYTHING!...
2291_claire_005.jpg

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hope all goes well....and soon! Lol I would love to have some goats but have to wait to find some we can afford. So I will "stay tuned" and watch yours!

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Good luck! :fl

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll! Think GIRLS LOL!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
I cant wait to see pictures!!!!!
I was way too busy today with the produce distribution! I was going to post this tonight with pics of her massiveness..cannot believe how huge that girl is, it is amazing. But, time got away, and dark fell...so tomorrow will have to do :)

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
BarredBuff said:
I cant wait to see pictures!!!!!
I was way too busy today with the produce distribution! I was going to post this tonight with pics of her massiveness..cannot believe how huge that girl is, it is amazing. But, time got away, and dark fell...so tomorrow will have to do :)
I hope she has two doelings and a buckling. That you get more milk if you want and profit plus meat from the buckling. How many Dairy Goats are you planning on keeping?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
WOW! Just went and checked her and her ligs are all but gone. She was laying in the sun, got up and did the pregnancy stretch and just stood there. Being Nubian is always a toss up whether they like to be touched or not, usually she doesn't, but she put her head against my leg and just tood still for me :hu I think it will be very soon now. I am adding pics, but it is not indicative of what I was talking about last night. She was MUCH wider yesterday and seems to have dropped down alot just overnight. I'm thinking she may not go the whole 155 days. I got kicked by a baby :D I am very suprised she let me just handle her however I wanted. Even yesterday she was keeping me out of her space. Today was totally different. I got a pic of last years baby too, her daughter Dakota, who kees trying her best to eat rabbit feed :lol: