Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's always great when you get a good one! Especially one who can fix things - don't tell my DH that I said that, lol. Even though I've gotta admit that he's getting better and he's always willing to try!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah the last few years have been a struggle to say the least. Late 2015 through early 2016 pretty much consisted of sell out all my animals, cages, coops, storage, trailers, incubators, hatchets, anything and everything to make my mortgage payment till I found a renter in February. Then it was pack and move all my things into storage, 15 years of life in boxes stacked up and put away. Not to mention my stint in the hospital just before Christmas, and then the sawmill job taking its toll and landing me with 3 slipped disks in my lower back. So March and April I was going through physical therapy and fighting with workers comp to get paid. For the next 2 months afterward I was on unemployment looking for a job that would take a broken down 39 year old woman, and started a college course in electrical maintenance while I waited. Next thing I know, come June I was back on a solar farm construction job driving over an hour one way to work and the guy I was seeing was dragging me down. So July through September pretty much was a wash. October the job ended, but I had met a guy earlier that month that's mother was home bound and needed assistance with her daily life, and I had just so happened to land a job shortly after the other ended in home health, so I wound up doing a little private work on the side because the main job was/is part time(that's what I'm doing now) and I kept having hours reduced because of clients passing away or going into the nursing home because home health became inadequate. Then this guys mother had to be hospitalized in late November I believe it was, and so I lost that little bit of work. However, since he is mid divorce and can't handle all of his cleaning, yard work, etc. I have been able to continue on helping there and still working in home health. The money sucks. I live with my mother pretty much, help them with bills and my teenage niece, and pick up odd jobs here and there to make ends meet. My house is for sale whenever the renter gets her settlement from a lawsuit she intends to purchase it and I can finally pick up all my scrambled pieces and begin to put everything back together. Meanwhile I've stayed with friends and family pretty much for the past couple years. I have spent a ton of time with my cousin who I didn't get to know as a kid, who has become one of my best friends, and the guy I work for has become one of my best friends as well. With the divorce I actually lost a whole lot of "friends" over stupid crap or taking sides or they only liked me when I had a little money in my pocket etc. etc. but I've been blessed with fewer, better friends in the whole process, so I truly feel like I'm so much better off not having the illusion of "having things" for the moment, and I love this lifestyle in a lot of ways. Some days are difficult, when I just wish I had some privacy or just a room I could walk into and close the rest of the world out, but I've learned a LOT about life and self through this whole process, I wouldn't change a thing. And I am MUCH better off without the negativity and mentally draining ex and his family, unfortunately children included. I haven't had them a part of my life for over a year and a half now and I can honestly sit here typing this out and say I haven't missed most of it. I do miss my youngest sometimes, not her drama, but her personality and her Fire. The other two...not so much, and definitely not the inlaws. So.....on to a better life, and better things and MUCH better relationships!!! The "boyfriend" who is actually my best friend, best friend I've ever had, is...wrapped up in a bunch of personal issues at the moment and we are taking it EXTREMELY slow. Completely unconventional relationship, and complicated, requiring mass quantities of patience, and very deliberate choices. I can see us actually being together in the future, but for now it's not really an option. I still call him my boyfriend though lol and I am very much in love with him, very much. Soooooo....short version: homeless not homeless, single not single, working not really, and pretty much okay with the whole thing. The last few years have definitely been an experience to say the least, and my future is bright, options are many, and I am enjoying the adventure. How's that for an update?!?!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Holy Cannolli - no wonder you didn't have time to post - or anything else. You were scrambling to take care of yourself and to get into a better situation. Sounds like you've done that, even if something aren't settled yet. I know what a hard worker you are and I've never seen you give up! All those things have helped you maintain through all of the mess.

In situations like that we sure learn who our true friends are, and sometimes its just better that way. Nobody needs the kind of "friend" that drags them down or only wants them for what is beneficial for them. That's not a friend - that's a blood sucker!

So, you've simplified your life and are focusing on what's truly important. Nothing wrong with that, my friend!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:DThanks sis, I have TRULY missed all of you, just got swept away for a bit. I'm hoping to get ducklings next week though :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I want them for meat. Quail is next!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gotta love the quail! I haven't had any for awhile, but DH and I both want to get some more. Later... got too much going on with goats and pigs right now...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I don't think I ever want pigs again! I want goats but for pets only, eventually. I just want to raise enough duck and quail to eat and have pickled quail eggs around.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm getting Muscovy for the breast meat. And I need to go fishing to fill the freezer with fish. I'd love to have fish at least twice a week, but I'm not willing to buy it to do so!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've got American Guinea Hogs now and I still like 'em! I started with two males and two females. We had two litters back in November and December. I butchered one of the original males and sold most of the babies. I have one male and one female piglet left and will probably butcher the young male this fall.

They are so laid back and easy to deal with. Even mama's with babies aren't bad. AND - BONUS - right now they're living offa pasture. I barely toss a bit of corn to them when I feed goats so they don't all fight over goat feed. Goat feeders are on the outside of the fence so pigs can't reach 'em anyway but doesn't stop 'em from trying.

I hear Muscovy meat is really good - but I haven't tried it. Quail meat I love! And those pickled quail eggs - YUM! I still remember how sweet it was of you to send me some quail eggs. I really do want more....I have the cages and feeders and everything but I need to tighten 'em up a bit...had something take out the last dozen I had. I know we had a snake. I relocated him, but maybe I should have done something a little more permanent. I think he came back a few times because he knew the buffet was open...