Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I've had Scovies before and regretted not trying the meat. They breed really well and are pretty easy keepers. Maybe I'll just buy potk from you and send you loads of quail eggs lol! I honestly didn't even recall sending you eggs...I can't keep up with who has what or who I send what to, I just like to share lol and I'm glad you enjoyed them!!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It's great to have you back! Goodness, you had an eventful time over the last 2 years. Well done on the boyfriend though! He sounds like a keeper ;)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah If I can ever actually "catch" him :D his situation makes it impossible at the moment, but like I said, he's my best friend, and we have a great relationship as is for the time being.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
You never know what the future may bring, but it sounds like you two have something wonderful brewing there.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Brewing yes, wish things would fast track to where we want it rather than where it is, but more is worth the wait, right?! I hope the future holds a definitive "us" but if it doesn't that's okay too because I e learned to roll with the punches and love being by myself just as much as being around a "significant other"...not to say it wouldn't be a loss, but I am content in my own skin either way. He's suuuuch a sweetheart though!!!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I know, it's hard to be patient! But it sounds like it's well worth the wait.

I've been by myself for more than year now and it's good to be by yourself and "find" yourself after a divorce and be comfortable in your own skin, but being with a really great partner is so awesome too…

:fl for you!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah and neither of us are in any real hurry. When I first met him his wife had left a few months before and I was fresh out of a really ridiculous stupid relationship that had lasted about a year too long. We are just friends for now, but I'm not looking any further, I like what I see, and I want what I want. And he feels the same way. It's actually good there are things in the way for the moment, so we are forced to take it slow and build the friendship and trust. Ya know what they say about strong foundations...plus he has a young kid, NOT going to do ANYTHING to hurt that relationship. I've met him a few times, sweet, brilliant child, and he deserves so much more than the situation he is in...time to heal and adjust. Kids don't bounce back as fast as folks want to think. Their young minds can't handle it. My niece just found out her absentee father passed away last year and she's all giggles and sunshine as usual, but when it gets quiet and just us, the conversations get real....

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
You guys are going about it the right way. Relationships built slowly on a friendship like this is the best! It's hard when relationships end and there are kids involved. I had some wonderful conversations with friends who went through it both as kids and with their own marriages and got a lot of good advice on how to handle things with my son. He's amazing and he was amazing through it all, but I know there is some hurt in there and we're working on it. That's so sad about your niece's dad. Death is so final, that's it, the chances are gone?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's been a loooong time since you've been here! Glad to see you back. Divorce is hard, there are no winners. It can rake you over the coals and burn you to ashes. But like the Phoenix, you can rise from the ashes, brilliant, shining, and fly away to start your new life.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I am, no doubt, thriving and it's great to see you too!!!