Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Mox I was in Branson sailing in the Taneycomo Lake, home is Tennessee. Sumi, it was very fun! The captain and his little boy and the couple with their daughter that sailed with us were very laid back easy going friendly folks which made the ride that much better. I had such a great time and met a lot of nice folks from all over the country, best vacation EVER!! And my first day back I helped dig 100 pounds of potatoes, froze 2 gallons of peppers, picked a few gallons of tomatoes, got a crash course(no I didn't crash)in operating a reach lift, and the tractor, and set up the completed compost bin. And THEN I got into a fist fight..literally...with a relative strung out on drugs and drunk. Reflexes are still good. Self control is still good. Tolerance of BS...not so much, but sometimes life throws you a curveball. Fortunately my right hook assisted in the decision making process of the other individual thinking swinging at me again wouldn't be the best idea ever. So that ended it, but she went to jail, and that's why I'm still up at 2 am my time because old people calm down slower apparently...nerves have been shot for hours, but my niece and my family is protected, and so it was worth it in that way. Sucks it came to that, but been brewing for forever...who needs enemies when your kinfolks want to pick a fight with you?!?!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Goodness, girl. Did you try and make up for taking a short vacation? You've been crazy busy already.

Sorry to hear about the incident with the relative, but at the same time, good on you for looking out for yourself and your family :hugs I hope you're feeling better now and got a good night's rest.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow. Excitement huh. Like I always say...."Who needs enemies when ya got family!" :th

Branson. I know Branson, but that was before it went bigtime. Last time I was there was 1990.

Mo ozarks is where both my parents hail from. Mom in McDonald County, far south western corner, Dad's family is from Joplin. His own dad was born in Pocahontas AR.

I hope you had a great time anyways!!...in spite of the family and excitement :hugs

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We are going to run up to Branson in a few weeks for a few days. I haven't been there since 1985. Long before my young kids were even alive. They are really excited at the prospect.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sore, or hurt. Maybe she's not either, but I dunno. She got double tapped upside her head and went down, but she was wasted anyway. I had to apologize to my niece this morning for the simple fact she should have never had to witness that to begin with, but I will protect her, even if it's from her own mother, and I will protect my elderly parents too, even though I disagree with them on a LOT of things. I can't just sit and watch a 35 year old woman raise hell with 2 70 year olds and get violent with them. They didn't fight back. The aggression needed to end. Plain and simple. I always have to be the bad guy. Dysfunction Junction was all aboard the crazy train last night. Every family has problems, every family has some that don't understand real life and how to behave...and every family has one that gets their fill and smacks the taste out of some bodies mouth when enough is enough and nobody else will take control of cleaning up the train wreck. I'm not sorry I fought back, I'm sorry my immediate family is a bunch of....I'll just keep my opinion to myself on that. I can't get it out of my head. Did I do everything right? Could it have been avoided? Why does my niece have to be in this situation? Why can my sister not lay off the dope? Just so much I don't understand...God knows..and I think/hope my niece will see this and turn it into a positive mind set in her adult life and remember what drugs do, what intolerance, bullying, passivity, and acceptance of poor behaviors and habits brings to your life and she will want no part of it. She is either going to be an immensely strong woman and force to be reckoned with or she's going to be stark raving mad...she is in position for there to be no middle ground. I try to keep her grounded and show her better ways and I explained to her why I stood up to her mother last night and popped her back. I don't think it would have ever ended had I not. I still question it though, because of the presence of her child. If it weren't for niece I'd have done more though. So...who knows?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She is fortunate to have you. My MIL is an alcoholic, my husband grew up seeing a lot he shouldn't have. He made a choice to never live like that and has no patience for it. We will be honest with my daughter and tell her what her grandma's issue is, and I think communicating about it openly makes a huge difference. You're really doing a great job!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I feel like a huge failure. It's hard to explain..