Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
You're right. I can still remember my teenage years and my friends' back then. There was some drama, in some houses more than others, depending on the parents (my best friend's dad was "one of us", he was great with us), but goodness, I didn't dare pull a stunt, any stunt, or my dad would've killed me. Being hormonal and all that is not an excuse for being obnoxious IMO. I feel sorry for my son already, because the way I see it, I could get through my teens without making anyone's life difficult, he can do the same.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
She has just started this recently. Idk if it's rebellion or what, and frankly I don't care either, it will stop or she will sit home all the time. We do fun things with the kids every single weekend and they're spoiled rotten, and in return all we ask is for manners to be utilized, and respect be shown to everyone. She blew both of those simple rules in about 10 minutes. We expect apologies to those she hurt. If she can't do that, we can't hang out. Tough love. It stinks, but it's sometimes necessary. She hasn't spoken to me all day. Her loss. She will learn that I don't/won't play her games and she isn't center of the universe. In other somewhat related news...Superman talked for like...4 hours straight tonight and completely cracked me up jabbering about anything and everything. He's not usually so vocal, he's generally more physically inclined, but he sure run that biscuit nibbler tonight lol! We went bowling and played laser tag and hung out at the arcade after getting his new baseball bat and gear he needed for ball this year. He had a good time, and as much as he missed niece, I think he enjoyed the lack of competition for attention and the mood...we all had a great time without the little storm cloud looming. He adores her, as we all do, when she acts right.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Teenagers! :smack But, you are right - you don't have to put up with the BS! I think a lot of parents seem to think bad behavior it's inevitable and unavoidable but it isn't. It's about the respect. I put up with angry teenagers at times - but they didn't get to be disrespectful about it. My son called me a name one time and I told him to pack. Nobody that calls me a *itch gets to live under my roof. He packed his truck tore out of the driveway and turned around and came back before he got to the end of the street. He was crying and I was crying - but he apologized, told me he would never do it again and he didn't. And, he turned into a great human being!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
So my Saturn bit the dust a few weeks ago and I bought the Malibu. Now I'm trying to fix the Saturn...but she doesn't seem to wanna be fixed. Fist we thought it was the mass airflow sensor, replaced it and...no. Thought it was the fuel pump...inside the tank..so the tank got dropped and it got replaced and that's not it. Now maybe it's the fuel regulator/filter on the underbelly of the beast so we're gonna try that next. Wish me luck! I'm about tired of fooling with it/dumping money in it.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Pig is dead. Makin bacon! I'm beat, like to have never got that trailer clean enough to return!! The other big pig got shot yesterday because it was out in the neighbors yard again, so at least I don't feel obligated to go get it too now. I just got home, doing a load of laundry and bathing and going to bed. This week has been so productive but it has been hard on my body! Tomorrow is just work...JUST WORK...those words excite me :D they mean all I have to do is go work my 8, clock out, and go lay up reading or watching TV or listening to music or something restful till I'm ready to go to sleep...I love my life!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
It didn't happen. I went grocery shopping to relax...I know I know...doesn't even sound right, but I was mad and needed the distraction. I have this "friend" that is constantly violating my privacy via FB, posting everything going on, taking pictures, tagging me in crap, telling my business, etc. etc. without my permission on any of it, and I finally snapped, chewed her out, blocked her, and told her IF she ever is invited to visit again, the phone stays home. It's bad when you feel like you're grounding a grown person....some people have no sense of respect whatsoever.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ugh my SIL is like that. She posted pics of DD on FB, which we have been adament about not doing since she was born (5 years ago!) and when DH talked to her about it she told him to get over himself. What???

Hope your "friend" knocks it off! Or goes away, either works I suppose!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I get to work in the rain all day lol good thing it's gonna be short..