Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
You folks sure are nosey :lol:
I figured I should come on over and do one of these since it appears that everyone else has. I'm not on here a lot, but want to keep up with my progress and this is better than another notebook :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Gosh it’s been a while yet again. I got married in February after having been single again for 5 years...that’s a whole book right there if I cared to go there lol! We just got chickens and built a coop. My niece lives with me now and I have a step son. They act like brother and sister...fighting and all. I’ve built a small online business I started October of 2018....not much has changed and yet everything has changed. I’m less self sufficient in some ways and more so in other ways...it’s kind of weird. We do have a huge garden. I’ve grown some of the biggest gardens I’ve ever grown in my life out here. We have 55 acres mostly leased out to a local farmer which I hate because they use chemicals but my acre I plant is almost organic using compost and manure with as little chemical interference as possible. We have a well so I can water when I need to. We have a pond...when it rains...the original intent was for a pond there but he hit sand and so it continually drains out. So yeah...life is different...the scenery and circumstances have changed considerably. I have changed minimally. Just keeping on plugging along here. I hope everyone else is well and happy and having a great day/week/year in spite of world circumstances. ❤️❤️

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
a relatively easy way to wring out the water when hand washing: get 2 5 gallon buckets and drill 1/4" holes all around the side of one of them. Put that one in the (empty) tub and put the rinsed laundry in it. Put the other bucket (no holes) on top, with a lid on it. Now SIT on the two buckets. Your weight will squeeze most of the water out- no fuss.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yes Creal I’ve been stimulated 😂 HI fem bay and FF!!! I miss y’all! I will be back more frequently for a bit anyway...life is about to get hard and fast again!! I have more projects than I can shake a stick at right now..par for the course. I’m about to do a sunroom build on the back of the apartment where I have my business and start growing year round in it. Planning on starting out with peppers and lettuce and cherry tomatoes. We will see how it goes when summer winds down and I have my plants started in pots to over winter in the sunroom. I will have artificial grow light set up in there as well to keep them healthy. Right now I’m anxiously awaiting some chicks to pip for the first time in about 4-5 years....anxiously. Awaiting. Pips!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ewwww, I hate that! The night before DH's surgery I dreamed it was ME getting the surgery... only it wasn't his doc doing the surgery - it was the guy who coaches our students AND, he was doing it with me in a recliner in his living room. I backed right outta that surgery, lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I feel like a huge failure. It's hard to explain..
I don't think this is YOUR failure. In situations like that there is just no 'right' way to handle it. Your sister is an addict and there is no way to deal with her rationally - because she's not rational.

I lost my sister to drugs. She didn't fit he profile of your regular ol' drug abuser. She was a highly respected recovery room nurse. Good at her job and loved doing it. But things started changing. Her son was a very irresponsible young man. Got a girl pregnant and had a gorgeous, innocent daughter. But, he didn't take responsibility and my sister took this child to give her a stable home. Sister was also married to an alcoholic. All that pressure started to take its toll. She started job hopping. She told me she needed a job without so much pressure...she had too much on her plate. She took a night job so she could spend more time with the baby. One morning on the way home from work she ran off the road. She took a few weeks off and then changed jobs again.

My family (mother) has always been all about secrets and appearances. Many years ago I moved away from the family core and was basically out of sight, out of mind - and that was ok with me. But, I was also left out of the family secrets and didn't spend enough time with my sister to really know what was going on.

Turns out there was a reason behind the job hopping, a reason for the wreck, a reason for the 'couple of weeks off' that I never knew about until it was too late. Turns out that my sister had started using drugs...not street drugs...pharmaceuticals that she was pilfering from her jobs. She died at the end of her shift, locked in a staff restroom in the hospital where she worked. They got maintenance to unlock the door and found her dead with a syringe in her arm and her head in a trash can.

My point with all this is that I WISH I had had the opportunity to beat the crap out of my sister! If it would have knocked some sense into her, or have shocked her enough to make some changes I would gladly have done it. I would have done it just like you, just hoping it would steer her in another direction and protect her and those that now live without her.

I feel like a failure because I couldn't make things right. I feel like a failure because I couldn't save her.

You did what you could do at the time. You took a stand.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I didn't miss you either Fem :lol: ya heffa :lol: I'm back for a few. It's funny, I have nothing really to do tonight, and I'm home alone with laundry and have watched more TV this afternoon than I watched all last month it seems like. The BF tries to watch shows with me, but one of us, usually me, falls asleep during the first commercial break lol! So I kept dinner simple with a tuna salad sammich and some cereal an hour or so later and I'm just chilling by the fireplace now, watching the cat sleep. The lack of rush and quiet is peaceful and welcome!