Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
My honey got all teary eyed at his gift from me, which was sweet. He melts my heart. I loved my gifts, the kids loved theirs and had an absolute blast, and everyone enjoyed each other's company. It was just great.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
It was a very welcomed relief from my "normal" and I am still enjoying the memories! I so badly want these kids to know how deeply they're loved and how valuable their hearts and feelings are. Superman had a bit of a meltdown and that's a good thing. He feels safe to have his meltdown and allow his negative emotions out instead of internalizing them. Blessed. Hannah had a mini meltdown too about not wanting to go see her mother but I was able to remind her gently that her father is no longer here and even though her mother isn't always a pleasant experience that she needed to take the opportunities to see her when she is around because nobody is promised another day, not even her at 14. Anything can happen and gratefulness to have another day with someone you love regardless of their behavior on that particular day is a gift to be cherished. She had a good time and was thankful. Gratitude goes so far, and it's really so simple to choose to have a grateful heart and attitude going into a situation. They're both angry at life, and both require such different approach to their anger to allow them to vent and then find the correct path again, but it always blesses me to see them breathe it in and let it go and do the right thing. Those two will be such strong adults they will be a true force to be reckoned with! Maybe I'm a little biased, but...they never cease to amaze me. I admire the character of them both so much. That fire!! I love it!!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
They are blessed to have you in their lives

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Happy New Year!! I spent it with a toothache but has still been good. Back to work tomorrow in this cold weather. I'm dreading it. I had to work Sunday and with my face already hurting that wasn't any kind of fun time. I don't figure tomorrow will be much better. 17 degrees right now...10 degrees warmer than when I got up this morning. The wind chill has been below zero lately. Can we be done with winter yet? I vote yes!!!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Done with winter? Oh yes, I can agree to that!! - 35 wind chill here last night and this morning. Spring sounds awful nice right now!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey Sis, get that tooth looked at! (says the person with the biggest dental phobia EVER) It's my only New Years Resolution....go to the stinkin' dentist...grrrrr! Stay warm!

Latest posts