Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Hey James!!
Well...frost got my grapes. Looks like blackberries will make up for it though. Chicks are pipping and I’m the only person in a mile radius that knows what that word even means...I had to splain it 14 times already. Niece has forgotten a lot. The phone is sucking her brain out. *sigh* Anyway...I worked my tail off on my business most of the day and then worked in the shop after I cooked dinner. I’m tired. And my husband and says he’s concerned that I’m tired all the time....ummm....I work all the time...I’m supposed to be tired 😂 whatever 😂

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey James!!
Well...frost got my grapes. Looks like blackberries will make up for it though. Chicks are pipping and I’m the only person in a mile radius that knows what that word even means...I had to splain it 14 times already. Niece has forgotten a lot. The phone is sucking her brain out. *sigh* Anyway...I worked my tail off on my business most of the day and then worked in the shop after I cooked dinner. I’m tired. And my husband and says he’s concerned that I’m tired all the time....ummm....I work all the time...I’m supposed to be tired 😂 whatever 😂

When frost nips your grapes, you make Ice Wine. Seriously.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
What is that? Will they or won’t they come back? Idk...I’ve never paid that much attention to grapes 🤷‍♀️

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What is that? Will they or won’t they come back? Idk...I’ve never paid that much attention to grapes 🤷‍♀️

It's a really nice wine called ice wine because it's fermented after grapes were frozen on the vine. Very expensive, if you were to buy a bottle because it's a very short window of time to pick and mash the grapes while they are frozen.

Read more here --->

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Oh there were no grapes when this happened. It just wilted all the leaves and it looks terrible now. If I if they will come back or not 🤷‍♀️

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
They will probably come back. Mine did last year, but they are wild grapes. If they were flowering, they won't produce fruit, but leaves should grow back.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's a really nice wine called ice wine because it's fermented after grapes were frozen on the vine. Very expensive, if you were to buy a bottle because it's a very short window of time to pick and mash the grapes while they are frozen.
Also expensive because they have to hand pick all the frozen grapes - while they are still frozen. That takes a lot of hands.
I like the white Ice Wine better than the Red.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yesterday I dug a bunch of post holes and dropped 32 tomato plants in them. Last night it slow steady rained on them all night to water them in really well. Tomorrow if it dries up enough I may get on out there and stake them all. My legs and shoulders hurt from all that post hole digging and getting up and down. Epsom salt bath tonight! My online work took off like a scalded dog the last 4 days and I’ve been jumping through hoops to get things packed and shipped on time. Today slowed way down and I’m grateful for it because I am just feeling lazy today! I hope everyone had a great productive day!