Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
Ya know.. I think you're right, and I think I will ;)
Cool - let me know how that "taking some time off" thingy works.... :hu
So far...it's a beautiful thang :cool:

I am exhausted though. I think I'm heading off to a shower and then to bed. I hope to see all you lovlies tomorrow :)
:frow I have the kitchen cleaned up, the jars are popping, I have a cool glass of water, NASCAR on the TV, and the house to myself.....

Glad you had a positive experience on your retreat!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
:frow

Glad it was wonderful!!! :)

I just got home from dance, about to start some canning projects. I should eat too. So much to do and my brain is NOT focused yet.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Wow...I haven't posted in a while :lol:

Well since last entry I picked up 44 chickens for $2 each. They seem to be blending well on the farmlette. I sold 16, gave away 12, and am watching the other 16 closely for signs of illness. Of those 16 I have one roo and 15 hens. The little Ameracauna of niecey's that is here is very definately a roo as well. He crowed for the first time the other day when ALL the roos were having their shouting match :lol: Nothing like antagonization to get you to find your voice eh? I will be giving more away soon, as soon as I know they are healthy. The shelter needs a small flock of layers. I just need to decide which ones and such, but trying to be patient and see for sure if I will be giving some of these, some of my existing flock, or some different ones I may be getting soon. So yeah, still up in the air on that one. God is surely supplying the chickens though :lol:

My Nubian doe is preggers for sure...she's as big as a house and only 2 1/2 months along. My other doe a few years ago didn't begin to show quite as quickly. I dunno how shorty buck done it, but he must've found a ladder or something :hu She is very much carrying a kid/kids. I am excited :D According to my estimation, she should kid either the last week of November, or first week of December :celebrate We left him with her a bit longer, because well...he just couldn't seem to reach at first :hu so the due date is a smidge variable.

No more watermelons so far...thank goodness. I have been able to get a few things done around here instead. I have gotten jars emptied and washed up and stored from te gift the neighbor sent us. I wound up with 6 half gallons :D I like those! They are terrific for storing dry goods in the pantry!

I have plans to add to the little farmlette again soon if it all works out. I am being possibly gifted a few goats and some chickens :weee Not saying for sure yet, but am hoping I can pick them up soon.

I have not gotten my Fall garden started as planned, nor the greenhouse, but I have been busy with a million other things and haven't had time. When I am home, I'm exhausted! This week has been revival, and it has been such a tremendous blessing to me!! So, I am NOT complaining, just sayin' ;)

I'm haulin off a load of steel today. Probably will haul another tomorrow as well. Dunno what exactly is in the plans, but I know I have PLENTY to do!

I hope everyone has a blessed day! :hugs

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Good to see you :) Glad things are going well!!

This weekend is uber house cleaning day. Roommate is out of town and I have a lot of moving things and scrubbing to do in the kitchen :) I'm not sure HOW food gets behind the microwave....

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Glad to know things are working out well. I was beginning to worry you were buried under a pile of watermelons somewhere :D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Abi, I have yet to figure out how food gets back there myself.

WZ :lol: Too funny! I have just been busy :lol:

I am making steak fajitas today :drool DH will be thrilled, he loves fajitas. I just half froze, then cut up a steak and have it soaking in the fridge in fresh squeezed lime juice. I can't wait for supper! I am making some tortillas here shortly too. I hope they turn out, new recipes are always a gamble. Oh well, they'll eat it or starve either way :p

I have about 6 huge watermelon boxes to cut up and lay down in the garden spot for a winter mulch. I will do that before supper, and haul off the steel, and pay my car insurance, and grab another big bag of taters from the farmers market while I am in town. Them taters are gooooood!

I loved revival, but I am sooooo glad we do not have it going on tonight! I can actually take my time, and enjoy supper for a change instead of *rush rush scarf scarf* get to church on time :lol: I don't know how some folks do it I tell ya. Always running somewhere every afternoon AFTER an 8 hour workday :th

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Came in here to see what you've been up to - and whew I'm exhausted and need another nap after reading this. lol

congrats on the potential goats and chickens! that's super cool!!

Glad you didn't fall victim to and get buried by the watermelons! :lol:

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Girl, you wear me out! Glad to hear you are getting some at home time. Seems no matter how much time we have, it's never enough. Winter is not long off! :hide

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:woot FREE pumpkins from the farmer's market!!!!!

That covers my wormer for the winter, possibly longer :D I happened to ask how much were the ones they had, and they had some for a dollar, so I mentioned using the seeds as a natural dewormer for my birds and goats, and then the lady said, well we get a few with bad spots on them and I hate to throw them out....would you come haul them off? Uh YES!! So I brought two home today, and will go back once per week to collect the duds. :weee

I will freeze some for later as I am positive they can't eat them all at once.

I got the first egg from the new girls today :D Can't eat it, because they have been given antibiotics, but at least I know they DO lay. It was a pretty eggie too :D I can't wait for all of them to start laying and get those antibiotics out of their system so we can use those eggs! The neighbors are getting anxious for some more fresh eggs! I'm getting anxious for some help buying feed for them! :lol:

DH isn't ill at me anymore over the church thing with DD. DD doesn't seem mad anymore either, so all is well I suppose.

The fajitas were great! The tortillas were really good, and the steak soaked in lime, was perfect, just the way hubs likes it. I ate too much though, and now I feel like a beached whale.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I must be tired! I read bleached whale and thought to myself, what in the world?! Went back and re-read what you wrote and realized you said beached whale. ug. I need a nap LOL (or six)

eta: and totally SCORE on the pumpkins! so happy for you!