Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
My side hurts so badly I am in tears!! DH is gonna murder me :gig

I went out to check over the animals, and noticed a lot of glass on the ground, so I began picking it up an dropping it in a bucket. Our yard coughs up all kinds of strange stuff after a good hard rain :/ Anyway, I found human remains! :ep I came in and told DH I had found REAL human remains in the backyard, and that he needed to come look. AND I found the possible murder weapon not far away, also washed up. It was a half of a top denture, and a bent up fork :gig I can't stop laughing, the look on his face when he looked in the bucket was just priceless. I think he thinks I have lost my mind...bout time he caught up with those who know :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Thanks Abi :D

LOTS to do today! I need to rake and clean up the animal yards. There is broken glass everywhere. This place used to be the site of the town dump :/ waaaaayyy back in the 50's when DH's grandfather owned it. There is all kinds of stuff that washes up after a rain. This clay soil over time pushes it to the surface. Years ago, grandpa had the bright idea to "clean it up" by burying it all with his heavy equipment :lol: I have found soda bottles from the 40's in the garden....and now, teeth and eating utensils :hu When we had the garden broke up this year I found a huge piece of copper pipe(that helped pay for the service) and an old rusty log chain. No telling what else is down there, under the corn patch :lol: Maybe I should be a miner rather than a farmer?

There is an old house buried just over the property line in the in-laws front yard too. There is currently a sink hole there where grandpa buried it. It'll probably take me all day cleaning out there to get it presentable again. *sigh*

I need to do a few loads of laundry, and some house cleaning as well. I'm NOT cooking tonight! I'm tired of cooking for a day or so. we have a plethora of leftovers, so tonight will be a heat and eat night so I can get this other stuff done :D

Hope everyone has a blessed productive day!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have to say.....that would freak me out, just a little! LOL No, A LOT! LOL We find all sorts of glass, pottery pieces, car parts..etc here as well. I even found a gold mans wedding band! Never have we found teeth tho...yikes! We have the dreaded clay soil as well....after every rain, it is a "treasure" hunt. :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
It freaked me out for a second, but then the hillarity ensued...I am SUCH a dork! :lol:

I've GOT to get started...but I miss ya'll!!! :D

Okay....going. :p

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
that was hilarious, but would probably freak me out a little, too. Totally the kind of joke my DH would love!

I haven't done anything except sit in my chair to nurse the baby, change the baby, napped with the baby (and my youngest son napped, too!), visited with a friend this morning who played photographer with baby girl lol

I feel so lazy. :( But I'm really sore today and can't do much to help DH. I know I shouldn't feel bad about it, but I do, and he's being so super nice.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
that was hilarious, but would probably freak me out a little, too. Totally the kind of joke my DH would love!

I haven't done anything except sit in my chair to nurse the baby, change the baby, napped with the baby (and my youngest son napped, too!), visited with a friend this morning who played photographer with baby girl lol

I feel so lazy. :( But I'm really sore today and can't do much to help DH. I know I shouldn't feel bad about it, but I do, and he's being so super nice.
Sister you better soak it up and enjoy it! (while ya can!)

I have gotten some shopping done today. I saved over my usual mark :D 36.65% saved today with my coupons :woot I shoot for 30, and usually hit somewhere around 33%, but today was excellent!

I made bread, made carrot cake last night(after saying I wouldn't cook) :rolleyes:

I got the hubster to knock out the fixin of the chicken coop roof :D I planted my onions FINALLY! DD helped a smidge, and had to redo several things. I tell ya I spent more time sayin "hey you, fix that and do it the way I told ya this time!" than I did getting things done so it took FOREVER :th

My onion bed looks great now though, and the tater tires are cleaned and stored away for next season. The chickens dug up my Fall crop :rant but only AFTER hornworms ate all the leaves...yeah, who knew they liked taters?! Not me :/

All in all a good day :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I am tired. I got up this morning and started cooking...5 hours later, I had a messed up kitchen and lunch and dinner yet to cook. :th I swept the house out while the bread was rising, and cleaned up a bit in the house and took the neighbor some bread while the apple sauce was cooking down. I have decided I hate peeling apples :p I still have a bunch to do tomorrow though. :lol: I also have things to go into the dehydrator, and a truckload of steel yet to drag out of the woods, load up, and haul to the recycler. I also still have a TON of yardwork that I have been neglecting as of late.

I have been doing a LOAD of cooking for the neighbors down the street lately. They do not have much in the way of food in the house at the moment and two small kids, so we are sharing. I have been cooking double batches of most everything and taking them meals. They'll get their AFDC next week, and will be okay after that. I am trying to teach the lady about scratch cooking, and she is very receptive and has at least been making cornbread and biscuits with a few sacks of flour and meal, and the eggs I sent down last week :) Goodness it is a task, and HOT to cook like that, but at least we have extra to share.

I ALMOST turned the AC on today...with that oven going...I was roasting in here. Opened windows and fans didn't help much but at least I had a breeze. It is just now cooling down in here! The kitchen is sparkly again too :D

So here I am, tired, but ready for tomorrow. Now I'm gonna snuggle up with a ginormous slice of carrot cake and a huge helping of peace and quiet. See you all tomorrow :D