Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
My hatches haven't been great either. I klinda think it has to do with the weather change, because my house temp varies widely because I push to not turn the heat or A/C on this time of year. One day may be 80 in the house and the next day may be 65 :hu That's hard on a bator full of eggies.

Still no duckies.

I have to go get jars today for canning :D We have to clean them, but the neighbor and I are gonna split them. There is about 500 :D :D We're going to pick them up shortly :woot

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I do the same thing, so our temp varies pretty wildly from one day to the next too. The other egg had an almost ready to hatch baby in it that died. We only had the one hen and ds gave the drake away to some people at church. I bought a couple spotted baby ducks from the feedstore the other day so this one will have company. No clue what kind(s) they are.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
When do kids finally learn to listen?!? I had DD emptying a few jars that still had contents that I got from a friend. We have had to do that before with some jars that were gifted. Last time I found her hitting them against a tree to loosen the lid. i TOLD her not to EVER do that, that the jar will break and she'll get cut, and I got the infamous eyeroll and arguement, but she did stop, at least while I was watching......do ya think she REALLY listened though??!?!?! I guess she will next time :/ She has half her fingertip dangling, and a cut on her middle finger as well. And the child gets so over excited!!! When she freaked out she RAN to the house(20 steps) she FELL across the threshold of the porch almost knocking her head on the concrete. There was blood everywhere because she was bleeding like a stuck hog, and she was laying there crying when I jumped up to run out there and see what was wrong after she screamed from falling. Then she almost passed out from the site of her own blood *sigh* I couldn't even be mad at the nut. SEE why she is NEVER driving as long as she lives in this house!??! She is dangerous!!! She doesn't listen, and thinks I'm stupid :rolleyes: :he :he HOW am I s'posed to trust her in a vehicle?

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OUCH...superglue will help the dangly skin part (no realy it was origioanlly developed as a surgical glue)

the good news is give it 3 months and shell have forgotten all abotu it and do it all again for future "entertainment"

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
OUCH...superglue will help the dangly skin part (no realy it was origioanlly developed as a surgical glue)

the good news is give it 3 months and shell have forgotten all abotu it and do it all again for future "entertainment"
3 months? Try a few weeks probably :/ I knew about the glue, and we're on it.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i have a 5yr old son thats exactley the same therefore he is not allowed in the front yard...you wanna ride your bike guy ride it in the 1000 sq ft of dirt backyard...i can see him crashing into a parked car while looking backwards if i were to let him on the street. can you say lawsuit...

Wannabefree said:
When do kids finally learn to listen?!? I had DD emptying a few jars that still had contents that I got from a friend. We have had to do that before with some jars that were gifted. Last time I found her hitting them against a tree to loosen the lid. i TOLD her not to EVER do that, that the jar will break and she'll get cut, and I got the infamous eyeroll and arguement, but she did stop, at least while I was watching......do ya think she REALLY listened though??!?!?! I guess she will next time :/ She has half her fingertip dangling, and a cut on her middle finger as well. And the child gets so over excited!!! When she freaked out she RAN to the house(20 steps) she FELL across the threshold of the porch almost knocking her head on the concrete. There was blood everywhere because she was bleeding like a stuck hog, and she was laying there crying when I jumped up to run out there and see what was wrong after she screamed from falling. Then she almost passed out from the site of her own blood *sigh* I couldn't even be mad at the nut. SEE why she is NEVER driving as long as she lives in this house!??! She is dangerous!!! She doesn't listen, and thinks I'm stupid :rolleyes: :he :he HOW am I s'posed to trust her in a vehicle?

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Poor thing! Fingertips do bleed a lot. I did the same thing using a meat slicer at the store I worked at. It hurt too! But now at least you can lovingly say the words "I told you so!" lol