Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I can honestly say it's the teen know it all going on. I was snarky with my mom all the way till I moved out. I knew it hurt her feelings but did it anyway. I really regret that now and if she was still here I would give her a hug and tell her how sorry I was.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Good, then maybe she is outgrowing most of the A.D.D. crap. I have tried SO HARD to keep her on her diet! I think the MSG brings out the worst of it. We have cut all of that out for years now, but kept her on her meds. She still has a little trouble focusing, but not like when she was smaller and we had just began the diet. Lord have mercy that child was crazy then, even crazier than the teenage drama...into EVERYTHING! I hope eventually she can get completely off the meds. I hate her having to take that stuff, it can't be good for her long term. Her grandad still takes it though, and her little cousin on that side of the family has ADHD and a heart defect so can not even be medicated. It is so sad :( He can't function very well in school at all, and makes cosistent failing grades. I feel so bad for him, and his parents. It's hard watching a kid go through something so debilitating especially when you can't get them any help at all! Maybe by this time next year, she'll be med free :D She's still a smidge spacey when she skips it, btu I think that's pretty much normal teen hormonal fog too. I remember having days like that...they were horrible!

Anywho, we had catfish and hushpuppies and salad for dinner and it was :drool delicious...except for that one piece of river catfish I had that tasted like potting soil smells :lol: I HATE getting a piece like that :sick But, it's to be expected when the animal eats dirt I s'pose. It was gross, but the chickens seemed appreciative no less ;)

I got A load of laundry did :p I have been down at the neighbors a hour or so helping them with their car. Saturday I get to go help the other neighbor with her garden plan, and may take her a few plants as well. :) She's EXCITED to have a garden and I love to help :D Win/win!

So I hope everyone else had a good day, mine was pretty good :)

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Did your duckies ever hatch? I am collecting for a duckling hatch :D Then I had something horrible happen to a rabbit, it got trapped under the feeder saturday and has been stuck under there since, and I found it. It was so nasty, where it had pooped and peed, they'd spilled water, spilled feed. So bad, poor thing. It was alive though and I washed it up, for the most part. It still looks rough but we have electrolytes in its water, and it is eating. So hopefully it will recover...

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I'm sorry about your rabbit BB! I hope it is a survivor!!!!

I'm glad your got your dd's meds lowered. Perhaps she will feel better! Time will tell!!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Not really much different than chickens. just keep the humidity at the high end during hatch time.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had one duckling hatch. Out of 2. This group wasn't the best. I'm not sure if it was the incubator or the eggs. We started out with 10 and most started developing then died at different stages. Anyway I now have 1 little Indian Runner duck.

Latest posts