Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yes she is :D

Today was pretty good. I got two bushels of peas shelled and made a cake...chocolate with peanut butter honey icing...SO YUMM!!!! This mutt puppy is driving me nuts springing a leak every 30 minutes though :/ He was doing SO good, and today...has. been. awful!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
No piglets?
Not yet. I don't think she was as far along as he thought she was. Not even close. She has dropped, but has not started to produce milk yet. Her belly is dragging the ground though. I'll just give it more time.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just finished playing catch-up and congrats to hubby, yay and on the clones and keeping your neighbor in my heart thoughts and prayers! :hugs

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I woke up to snorting and squealing this morning, guineas going crazy, chickens squawking, ducks quacking little weird screams....the pig got out, and made his way to the chicken coop, and was happily waltzing around the entire yard stirring up every other animal on the place :rolleyes: He broke the door off the front of his pen and busted through the back gate to get up to the front. He was fun to get put back up shortly after daylight. The dog absolutely loved helping, she was really getting into it, and he HATES that dog. She run him all the way back into his pen so we could get the door and gate fixed. She got an extra biscuit for breakfast :D I swear she was smiling the whole time she was running him back :lol: I was so proud of her! To be 9 years old, she can sure fool ya when she means business, she looked like a young dog out there this morning putting the piggy in his place :) I am so gonna miss her when she passes. I don't think there will ever be another like her, she just instinctively knows what momma wants, and is on top of it before I can even give her a command. Such a great animal! I love my big girl! :love She kept me safe when that stupid pig wanted to charge toward me this morning. That's what got her started, he come rushing me, and she jumped on out there and got his ear before he could get to me. I had a big walking stick to redirect him if need be, 200 pounds running at you, you have to have something, I had no idea she'd do that. She has had no training, not a herd dog, but she is very loyal and protective of me. I always feel safe with her. I just had to brag on my sweet girl this morning. She did a great job! That pig might not have gotten me anyway, but she made sure he didn't have a chance. My Kita girl is awesomeness wrapped in fur :lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I had to go back and reread the first part of your post this morning. I read it that you woke up snorting and squealing and didn't know if I wanted to read more or not! :hide Glad everything turned out OK.