Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
MC I look forward to seeing more of you this winter :) The job with the Christian school is a bust. Loooooong story, but it sees a couple things weren't entirely on the up and up. They are looking to get accredited, in which case they'd have to have liscensed teaching faculty, and so being as I am NOT liscensed, just experienced with homeschoolers......it doesn't appear to be happening. They also lost a student, so...

Anyway. First day of work for hubby :D I am here ALONE, and in the QUIET :woot I got the animals fed before DD was even gone. I took the dried cherries out of the dehydrator this morning, and the raisins need just a bit longer but WOW those things explode with flavor!! You really HAVE to try homemade raisins if you get the opportunity! Amazing contrast to storebought. Now storebought is gonna taste like cardboard to me :lol: Again, I'm ruined on the homemade stuff. Completely ruined, and further enslaved to myself to make yet another food goodie, because it's just not the same anymore. :lol:

I hope everyone has a GREAT day!!!!!!!! :weee :weee

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Do you pierce your grapes? I really liked them but I thought they took FOREVER to dry, then I read that you should pierce them to speed things up!

I just finished dehydrating 15# of taco rocks last night, only 40# to go :p

Enjoy your alone time! :D

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
taco rocks?! im intriqued lol

i soooo need a dehydrator...im not a raisin fan, but ve got a feeling its because store bought suck LOL. lol

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Store bought raisins are horrible little tasteless pebbles in comparison, I'm tellin ya! I have a loathing for raisins, but now....I love them!

SSD I actually read to cut them in half to speed the process. Mine took 16 hours on 135 degrees, and they're perfect!

DH's first day went well. He is a bit sore, but not like he thought he'd be. The money is good, and PRAISE GOD our worries will be over soon! I got a LOT done in the house today.

The neighbor got to come home! :woot It took 3 of us to get her in the house and help her to bed, but she done really well, and the nurses for her rehabilitation will be coming to the house. I am SO PROUD! :D

It has been a wonderful day :)

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hope all is well with you! :hugs

Glad to hear hubbys' first day went well and that the neighbor is home! :celebrate

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Today was a blur. Kid to optometrist, got corn, lugged in 2 100 pound sacks, then physical therapy with neighbor while T was gone to get meds, sweeping, mopping, cooking, feeding animals, cooking, laundry finished 3 loads, then got a call to get a load, got the load as soon as DH got here with the truck an hour later. Just. got. done. Still a half load out there, but had to unload so he could take the truck tomorrow. So tired. :th Back hurty. Day started at 5:30 so 16 hours of do this do that, but I made some money....anybody want it, I'm too tired to spend it now :lol: I don't even know if anyone checked the mail today. I just ate a turkey sandwich for dinner a few minutes ago. My head hurts because I waited so late :/ I'm bout to go to bed.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs Geesh! Most days, your description of your day gives me whiplash! :gig Have pleasant dreams :)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL! so much for having a nice quiet chance to get the house in line now dh and DD are Busy during the days LOL!
sleep tight and sweet dreams lady!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If you really don't want that money, send it this way! I'll give it a good home! :D