Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for checking in! Was getting worried about you! :hugs

Yes please, post the recipe! I have been saving bottles for just such a reason! :D

Hope you get to get back on soon, and I would say hope things slow down again soon, but I know better than to say that to you :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Thanks Dawn!

I am FINALLY back on :woot I fixed my computer just a few minutes ago. I had no system restore point :/ so I had to delete a bunch of stuff and figure out what my brother downloaded that made it go wonky and delete that. It has literally taken me 5 days to get the system to allow me to delete the stupid mess :lol: how frustrating!!

We lost my FIL yesterday....seems like last month the days have been so horribly looooooooong. Everyone is still in shock. Arrangements were very difficult to get through this morning. We bury him tomorrow at 3 and then maybe things will slow enough to allow for grieving the loss. DD15 is taking it particularly hard. She passed up the chance to go stay with them last weekend so that her boyfriend could come, and he didn't even get to come. She's beating herself up over that. Nothing I can say or do to make it better, she'll just have to get through it herself. Please pray especially for her. She is going through a rough time.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
WBF, I know how she feels. I've felt the same way often over the past year and a half after losing my SIL. I wanted to get a closer relationship w/her, and had planned on working on it last summer-but never got the chance. I'll be praying for her.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Glad you're back WBF, I missed ya girlie!

:hugs On your loss. Grief mixed with guilt and regret can turn into a poisonous mixture if given enough time (ask me how I know ;) ). I hope DD15 can work through it. :hugs

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So glad to see ya back with us and so sorry to hear of your loss! :hugs Our hearts, thoughts and prayers are with ya'll! :hugs

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So glad you are connected again, praying for your hubs and daughter along with the rest of your family during this sad time. :hugs

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Today things are somewhat better. Kiddo kept me up till the wee hours this morning talking through everything. She is sloooooowly getting a grasp of things. She's going through a LOT more than just her grandad passing right now. Life is complicated for her on most fronts. Relationships are ending, and others are struggling to survive, and she is trying to find the right things to say and do to salvage what she wants and the kid is just so mixed up...it's difficult to guide someone through when you know their maturity level is part of the problem and the rest of the problem is the maturity level of those she has surrounded herself with....ugh...teenage growing pains. I do NOT envy my baby girl right now in the least. Good thing we have raised her to do the right thing no matter how bad it hurts sometimes. She's stronger than I expected, more stubborn than I hoped for, and actually a bit less mature than I gave her credit for in some ways...but still pretty well balanced in general. She needs LOTS and LOTS of prayers, and I'll probably be spending a few more bleary eyed nights listening, advising, and worrying about her. I will be SO glad when she grows up....I'm too old for this mess :lol:
I got yelled at, called a liar, told I was being mean to her, and the whole gamut last night prior to being told our advice(daddy was in on it for a minute too) was sound and she had a clearer picture of how to proceed and cope with her problems. Therefore I still stick to my theory that bipolar disorder is a natural occurence in every human between the ages of 12-25. I don't like kids, they're insane. :p

I do not look forward to the funeral today. There are a few family members who are excessively dramatic by nature and keep everyone else upset(as in all families) and I do not look forward to DD's reaction to their drama. They upset her at the hospital the other day. I'm trying to keep her calm and together but I know they will make the already difficult situation even more difficult for her. So, I dread it for her and myself, and her daddy. Hopefully it won't be too bad. Is it selfish to want her grief to be her own way and not exacerbated by others grief? I hope not, because I can't help but feel that way. She is going through enough..everything is a mountain right now. *sigh*

No other news here at the moment. Just trying to get through the week with as little damage as possible. We appreciate the prayers. You all really have NO idea how much!!