Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
:lol: Hey sweetness!!!!!! Glad u are still here!!! So what's been going on?!?!
I am going to assume you mean me... :p

Not a whole lot really!! Got the roof finished on the addition, got the van running well enough to pass smog, so now we're legal!! :ya I'm not sure that I would trust driving down the hill just yet. Actually, driving down would probably be OK, it's the coming back up that I worry about! :gig

Now were just settling in for the winter. I know my weather isn't as bad as some, but it has been below freezing every night for 10 days or so and it doesn't appear that we will be warming up any time soon. They actually forecast snow the other day, but it never materialized.

Other than that, I'm just planning the moving and re-organization of the chicken coops in preparation for spring. Oh, and I'm still catching up on all your craziness...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Shoot I'M still catching up on all my craziness :gig Glad to hear you got the van going, that's always good!! Snappy, you MUST make some NY resolutions to get back into sewing and SS type stuffs sis!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Glad to see you on! We've missed you. And, it's much easier to "talk" to you on here than trying to text you on my phone! :hugs

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Guess I should post a somewhat REAL update on here, but I don't really know where to begin, so I may go backwards :D We have two guys staying here now because the week of Christmas my pastor called wanting to know if I "knew where T could go" and since he did NOT have a drug problem his options were so limited it was crazy....so I said we had room...and went and picked him up. :hu What was I supposed to do, right? Anyway, so he is here, and the other is back, and the other is staying gone, and so is the other...clear as mud? :lol: One guy wore out his welcome, the other found a place, and the other two are still here anyway. No worries I stay confused too. On the bright side of that, one is VERY into SS and has been a tremendous help, the other is just tremendous at this point...really he is, HUGE guy, tall, wide, and could probably toss my full size pickup over his shoulder and run around the block with it...which is a truly useless superpower when dealing with chickens but we'll find a niche for him too eventually. DH is still working the same job, DD is sill my favorite pest in the world, and niecey is coming into her own hateful flavor of snottiness lately. Kids...can't live with em, can't sell them...so what do you do? Tolerate, and complain about them to friends :lol: We've been deling a LOT with the Amish folk lately, sales, trades, purchases....LOTS of things going on. We are working up a 2013 farm project list now, and tackling a few things in between the snow flurries. I have yogurt to feed the hogs and birds as a supplement, got it free, 16 pallets, and actually sold a few pallets for just above cost of delivery to get some of it gone, because I simply have no place to store 5 tons of expired yogurt. The pigs are making short order of it, as are the birds as afternoon snacks. I have a hatch going tonight, 96 or so chickies, and have 3 more hatches coming up of the same size. Hoping to make some garden money off of them :D I got some free round bales to toss on the garden spot to put in some organic matter to help build my soil for this coming year. Hm....not sure what else I have done really during my extended absence, a lot, but can't think of specifics at the moment. I'll remember more later :p Hope to catch up with everyone else, but I have a TON of company at the moment and don't want to be rude....so I gotta get gone. See ya'll next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Glad to see you on! We've missed you. And, it's much easier to "talk" to you on here than trying to text you on my phone! :hugs
Yeah, true, texting is a pain!!!

Oh, and we got a new Chocolate Lab pup right before Christmas too. Hopefully the Lab part will not be a problem...

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
OK, you need to send that big guy up this way! He'd probably be great doing firewood!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Deb some days I wish I could :lol: He's a good guy, but he takes up a lotta pace, and he is LOUD and I am having trouble getting used to that :p

Last night was enjoyable with the house full. There were a few seating issues, but we got that straightened out and got to watching movies. The kids popped popcorn, and during intermissions we talked and joked around. Those folks ate a lot of food last night :lol: I sent eldest home with a lot of food for her inlaws since they are staying with them for the moment. Youngest DD even played nice and didn't get too pushy like she usually does when eldest is around. By 1 a.m. everyone was gone and I was headed to bed. No work today meant I could sleep in, and I thoroughly enjoyed and took advantage of that fact :D

It is supposed to rain all day today...so looks like I will be taking a break from being outdoors. That's not a big deal considering I have a TON of things to catch up on indoors anyway. I have 3 or 4 loads of laundry, bread to make, bananas to dry, onions to dry, a chick brooder to set up and chicks to pull from the bator and fill it with. Then I need to finish rearranging furniture from the bedrooms, and get my room cleaned back up. I still have closets to go through and get donations out, bag up, and drop off as well. I could stand to do a little grocery shopping, and need to clean my purse out since I had a bunch of coupons expire as of yesterday. I am working on my garden plan still, and need to sit down with R and get that settled. I need his input since he will be helping so much this Spring and Summer. Other than that, I may take a nap this afternoon :lol:

I hope everyone has a beautiful blessed day!!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Deb some days I wish I could :lol: He's a good guy, but he takes up a lotta pace, and he is LOUD and I am having trouble getting used to that :p

Last night was enjoyable with the house full. There were a few seating issues, but we got that straightened out and got to watching movies. The kids popped popcorn, and during intermissions we talked and joked around. Those folks ate a lot of food last night :lol: I sent eldest home with a lot of food for her inlaws since they are staying with them for the moment. Youngest DD even played nice and didn't get too pushy like she usually does when eldest is around. By 1 a.m. everyone was gone and I was headed to bed. No work today meant I could sleep in, and I thoroughly enjoyed and took advantage of that fact :D

It is supposed to rain all day today...so looks like I will be taking a break from being outdoors. That's not a big deal considering I have a TON of things to catch up on indoors anyway. I have 3 or 4 loads of laundry, bread to make, bananas to dry, onions to dry, a chick brooder to set up and chicks to pull from the bator and fill it with. Then I need to finish rearranging furniture from the bedrooms, and get my room cleaned back up. I still have closets to go through and get donations out, bag up, and drop off as well. I could stand to do a little grocery shopping, and need to clean my purse out since I had a bunch of coupons expire as of yesterday. I am working on my garden plan still, and need to sit down with R and get that settled. I need his input since he will be helping so much this Spring and Summer. Other than that, I may take a nap this afternoon :lol:

I hope everyone has a beautiful blessed day!!!