Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
You folks sure are nosey :lol:
I figured I should come on over and do one of these since it appears that everyone else has. I'm not on here a lot, but want to keep up with my progress and this is better than another notebook :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
71. What are your favorite bands/artists? Third Day, Newsboys, Tenth Avenue North, 3rd Time Down, Casting Crowns, and lots of others.
yeah baby!!!

:welcome
Thanks! I DO love my music! :)

Thanks everybody for the welcome...I really have been here a few weeks though :lol:

I got chickies sposed to be hatching today!!! :weee I hear chirping from the bator now :D

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I enjoyed reading your journal intro. Great sense of humor. :gig

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Thanks Hillfarm!

I just found $200 I forgot I had....what to do now? Yeesh, I never do that, and now I wonder what it's for :idunno Maybe DH won't notice a few more animals... :lol:

TO DO LIST
-----------------------------------------------------
1. Drop songs off to band buddy. DONE!
2. Drop jeans off to freecycle lady. CANCELLED ON ME?!
3. Clean out coops. DONE!
4. Set those eggs or put them in the fridge already! DONE!
5. Laundry. half DONE :D...DONE!
6. Make waffles to freeze for DD. DONE!
7. Finish the list and do the shopping TOMORROW. Did it.
8. Finish tearing down moms shed and haul it here. Half done :rolleyes:
9. Slaughter the 4 extra roos. *sigh*
10. Gather up my Ebay stuff and list things. Half Done.
11. Gather hickory nuts before the squirrels get em all. DONE!
12. anything I forgot...that should keep me busy for a few days. I dunno.... :idunno

I'm a procrastinator!!!!! Let's see if I can get these finished :lol:

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
71. What are your favorite bands/artists? Third Day, Newsboys, Tenth Avenue North, 3rd Time Down, Casting Crowns, and lots of others.
yeah baby!!!

:welcome
I have to agree, you have great taste in music!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Well I got my list half done that I had typed out. it has been one stinkin SS weekend for sure.

This morning I dug a splinter out of DH's eye he got from work YESTERDAY. :sick I'm squeamish too...so it kinda was a huge deal for me...and I'm sure it wasn't so pleasant for DH either. I had to use a toothpick to get it off his upper eyelid.. :sick :sick :sick

ANYWAY...then I went to pick up some FREE wood from the shed demo :D I also picked up about eleventy hundred jars that were going to be tossed..STILL not done washing those!!! FREE again ;) I perfected my homemade brownie recipe tonight and DH and DD are sitting on the couch shoving them into their faces as I type. :love :love

mom likes her new chickies and coop I built for her too. It's so cute when she gets excited! I love my mom! :love

I still have to get this food thing down..I HATES going to the store for a lot of our meats. DH won't eat rabbit, DD won't eat squirrel.....yadda yadda yadda. They know not what they're missin out on I tell ya! They are BIG meat eaters, but just pork, chicken, and beef :rolleyes: I need some hogs and some Lowlines :D

I did manage to make a smoked pork shoulder last through 4 meals thus far though, so that is a step in the right direction. I have to slap DD's hand for trying to eat it for snacking though. She could eat the whole thing in a day or two with no help, and skinny as a rail..13 year olds are eating MACHINES.

This SS thing is HARD and I'm just taking SS baby steps right now, so ya'll don't laugh too hard :p

I hav been reading some other journals and BOY what some nice pics of homegrown goodies!!!! :drool You guys ROCK!

Anywho...that's my SS for the day :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Today is Sunday, the Sabbath, and it is a peaceful day that I am thoroughly enjoying! Church was a beautiful sermon about love and the preacher was dead on as usual. Flea market stop afterwards was a bit of a disappointment, but eh...I got enough stuff anyway.

Now that we are home and bellies are full I am sitting here listening to the wind rustle the leaves around the chicken coop. Hens let out a random squack here and there, and I hear the acorns dropping in the yard. Sounds like money to me ;) I have an order for 200 pounds of those acorns to ship out next week if I can fill the order in time :D I have to get started on that tomorrow.

I think this year we will save all the acorn money to go into a better vehicle for us. I want a truck. I think my Buick is on her last leg at 150,000+ miles, not sure on that though, as the odometer has quit sometime last year. She will be 11 in January. She was a Yankee, and has some salt damage to the brake lines, as the whole underside is beginning to show signs of extensive rust and break down, she has been good to us. I don't think she was well taken care of before we got her as far as keeping her belly clean from road salt. She came from New York. Here in the South, she has hauled hay and feed, kids and friends, family and dogs and everything in between, for the last 3 years for us. I will miss her songs though, she is a very talented singer, as she had a top o' the line stereo system :lol: A truck is in the very near future though and she will be put aside as the DD13 learn to drive car, provided she lives that long. If the truck runs half as well and half as long as our trusty old Buick...it'll be worth the money.

The only thing consistent in life is change. I love my Buick Century Beverly Hillbilly farm truck *sigh* but it's time...to quit using what I have and get something more useful for what we do around here...like hauling hay, chickens, and supplies. The farm has changed our needs. Time to let the little Yankee wagon rest a spell.

Latest posts