Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
:( Sadly I would have nothing to "swap" with ... I keep no roosters. I would be interested in buying a few eggs however! :) I DO have an incubator that has not been used in a while.

Keep me in mind if you have a glut of eggs next spring!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
:( Sadly I would have nothing to "swap" with ... I keep no roosters. I would be interested in buying a few eggs however! :) I DO have an incubator that has not been used in a while.

Keep me in mind if you have a glut of eggs next spring!
Absolutely, will do! :) Oh it's one Black Copper Marans egg, and 8 Cuckoo Marans that I will be getting. I like the Cuckoos better myself :)

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Cuckoo is what I have had in the past. Very productive and sweet birds.

They seem to be really hard to find around here however. :/

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
WHICH brings me to another point that has been weighing on my mind today. "Self Sufficiency" The term Self Sufficiency to me...is just that...a term. It is not what I truly believe in, it is just a means to be a good steward of what God has given me. If I were so "self sufficient" I would be implying that I have no need of God or His blessings, and that is just not true. Just sayin' I have to give credit where credit is due. I'm too dumb by myself to figure some of these things out I have an awesome Daddy that looks out for me though, and never fails to point me in the direction I need to be facing All those months of being behind...I was rarely stressed, never hungry, and always thankful for what I had. Sometimes sufficiency doesn't come from self...sometimes it's other sources. I can't make acorns...it must've been a blessing

2 Corinthians 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God.
Amen...and amen,sister! :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Dear Diary,

My teenager hates my stinkin filthy bossy guts. I think, I MUST be doing something right. I am an evil step mom. I won't let her wear tight jeans, or shirts that show her belly. I also won't let her wear shirts that show her newly added assets. She is 13, and doesn't "get it" that boys are looking and she could be sending the wrong message if she isn't careful. She tells me other girls wear the things she wants to wear. I have to think those girls moms don't care, can't afford clothes that fit, or just haven't noticed their little girl is not so "little" anymore. I am soooo sick of her smart mouth about how mean and unfair I am, but no matter what she says now...I still love her enough to piss her off when she is wrong. She told me this morning she doesn't like me, and doesn't love me. That's okay too, because when it is all said and done...I often felt the same about my mom when I was 13. She yelled at me because she missed the bus this morning, so I did not take her to school. I am not her servant that is supposed to jump when she yells and I am not raising a princess. Maybe I can teach her to be more civilized and not blame others for her own mistakes. She was late because when packing her lunch she did not use a clean dish because she did not empty her dishes from her lunch box yesterday. She took ham, and me being such a horribly mean mom, knows that pork juice over night in a damp warm environment spells trouble when non contaminated food comes in contact and is later eaten...which would have happened had I not been "watching her every move" as I am so often accused of doing. She would have been very ill later. I was also told that I am creepy for spanking her bottom the other day because she screamed at me, but I was confused....I suddenly forgot she was 13 because she was not acting 13...I thought she was 8 again and she got spanked when she was 8 for raising her voice to elders and being disrespectful. I guess that was my fault. I am a horrible mom. How dare I have the audacity to love my kid when she is SOOOO NOT LOVEABLE right now!!! How dare I have the gall to give a crap about her! How dare I make sure she is well...after all if she wants to get ill from rotten meat, who am I to tell her not to?

I'll tell you who I am. I AM MOM! So, to DD13... you can look like this :somad ALL you want missy, but I am THE BOSS, and the boss loves you, ya little tyrant :tongue

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
:clap :clap :bow :clap

We need more like you mom!
LOL! NOT according to my DD! :p

Ah, was a wee bit frustrated this morning...sigh...just 5 more years :lol:

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Like H ___!

I am pretty sure at this point that our kids will be tormenting us in one way or another till we finally roll over dead! :th

My D1 is 26 and I have a 24 and a 22. All out of the house for a long time and STILL we fret and worry. :lol:

Just part of the glorious MOM experience!! ;)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Like H ___!

I am pretty sure at this point that our kids will be tormenting us in one way or another till we finally roll over dead! :th

My D1 is 26 and I have a 24 and a 22. All out of the house for a long time and STILL we fret and worry. :lol:

Just part of the glorious MOM experience!! ;)
:D Yeah I have a 18 and married DD as well....and I still worry about her and my son-in-law. So...I know...it just feels good to imagine it'll be over in 5 years :lol: :p

I wonder what kind of old folks home I'm earning myself some days :lol:

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
So... Your a mommy dearest eh?? :lol: :rolleyes:

Love will come around, you know what is going on... Now, me, I was never into the spanking thing, but I am big fellow and I have no rights putting my hands on anybody for any reason. I am heavy handed normally and I might end up hurting some one.

I tell you, teens are like kids turned into dummies. I sometimes wish you could make common sense and make the kids eat it. I don't have any advice other than just to mention we are in the same boat!!!! I have a 14 y/o who at times, when he wants, has common sense and works hard. Sometimes, there is something going on in his mind that I never understand.

I am currently on the DS poopy list for not bending over and advancing money for his Itunes. He had not earned his full allowance, and a few weeks ago decided to pick a fight in school. Not only did he get suspended three days, he also got his clock cleaned. (saw this one coming, as he had problems before with said student) I was happy that he did get his clock cleaned, he needed to touch back to earth and ground his attitude with fellow students. Of course he knows everything and can better run his life than the free guidance Mom and I offer. Maybe we should charge our children for advice?