Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:th :th :th :th :th

I just heard from the case worker about the kids. :th I am in shock and AWE! Shock AND awe!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
OH...and I'm going to an E-womens conference this weekend and will get to be in the same room as Sarah Palin :weee how cool is THAT?!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Okay, so, here's the scoop. I have to go through 5 weeks of parenting classes(I could use those anyway probably :p ) I have to be certified as a foster parent FIRST, CPR certification etc. which is a cakewalk, because I have already done that 3 times in the past, I could likely do it blindfolded and upside down, so not worried about that. THEN after the classes are completed by myself and hubster, they will call me to do a home study. I have to have copies of everything I have ever done, being born, getting married, gettting divorced, getting married again, etc. etc. on both of us. Have to go through fingerprinting and background checks, and THEN the kids will likely be here right. before. Christmas :th

I need to get them some clothes, another set of bunk beds for the girls room, make sure we have things for them to play with that are age appropriate, so a few toys would be great, maybe build a swingset or playhouse in the front yard, and PRAY for merciful God to help me get to know these kids and gain their trust and be a good mom to them. I remember how difficult that was step parenting DD20, because she was 10 when her dad and I married. These kids are DS1 just turned 10, DD3 will be 9 next month, and DS2 will be 7 in a few days I think... I think I got that right :rolleyes: It's gonna be hard remembering 3 more birthdays! And NAMES! Then there is DD2 who will be 15 in 5 more months who wants a driving permit :th

And I have lost the mother and granmothers phone numbers now...have to find that little note I wrote myself that had birthdays, SS#'s and full legal names along with those numbers :barnie

I'm gonna be busy :lol:

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
:hugs Congratualtiosn! They will love being in your home!

Out of curiosity, can you not get guardianship of them from their parents?
Or are they already in the system?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
They're already in the system BBrooks. They have been in foster for going on 6 months up in Kentucky.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
YOU are a GREAT mom, and that is why God chose you for these kids. :thumbsup

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
They're already in the system BBrooks. They have been in foster for going on 6 months up in Kentucky.
What part of Kentucky?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
QA I have come to the conclusion I am either doing something right, or this is punishment for something I didn't do right :lol:

I have to admit I am SOOOOOO feeling incapable and overwhelmed right now! When I get some of these loose ends tied up, that should ease a bit, but just WOW....deeeeeeeep breaths lol!