Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmerJamie, that is offensive! Do you honestly think we women can be bought off with...

Ooooo, is that a caramel?! :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Jamie that had better be some Enjoy Life chocolate...you know I'm allergic to anything else :p

Church was nice...business meeting night :/ but still went okay. I'm tired-er, had to unload the dang tiller. Got that done and got to church in time for the dinner. I didn't eat, but enjoyed the chit chatting with everyone. DH, bless his sweet little heart...went out there and got the pool torn down since I wasn't able to get to it myself. He worked his tail off today too, rotating the tires on the truck(it drives SO much better :woot) and getting started on the brakes on the car AND helping a bit over there. Sometimes he makes me so stinkin mad, and other times, like today..he's just a sweetheart :love I couldn't even stay mad at him for eating all the pepperoni that I THOUGHT I had for the pizza. I just borrowed some for the pizza :lol: That's another thing I have to attempt to cram into tomorrow...grocery shopping. I haven't even had time to do THAT! We're just worn slap out.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Thank goodness today will be winding up the loose ends over at the inlaws :woot I hope we manage to get everything done, and I can get to the store before midnight tonight :p Then we need to start tomorrow on figuring out where we want to put that garage, and begin clearing out the area, and putting it up. That's gonna be fun. There is so much stuff in my yard right now you can't walk in the front for more than a few feet without bumping into something. I HOPE they get over here and get it soon so I can get the yard cleaned back up again. It looks like total crap at the moment. I have to get the pool back up too and work on the aquaponics set up....wow, my to do list just keeps growing :lol:

The rest of this week and next week is looking like this:

tear down, and move about 60 ft. of privacy fence
replace with welded wire fence
select a site
set up pool
select a site
rebuild garage
set out 100+ tomatoes
set out 50 peppers
set out 25 cucumbers
set out 20 squash
pick up tiller in Savannah
prepare for a HUGE yard sale
list items on CL

Not to mention the usual stuff church, cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, hauling steel, feeding animals, hatches going into lockdown, setting up brooders, etc. etc. etc. but at least I can kinda set a bit slower pace with a few of these maybe :hu If I can get the garage up, the yard sale can be put off a week because I can store everything to get some of the others knocked out.

Somewhere within there I'm going fishing to get the startup fish for my aquaponics project. And somewhere in there I may be working this new job, thank God it's not an every day thing!

I have 2 more weeks on the meatballs before we have to slaughter those. Hopefully things will have slowed down by that time to the point of manageable again. I may enlist the help of the neighbor kid again :lol: She loves to help, and she works HARD! Maybe she can rub off on DD a bit...but that's a bit of a stretch so I'm not banking on it. DD seems to get jealous when she's here helping, but won't come help herself. I guess I just don't understand what goes on in that kids head. :hu I have to have help with some things though, so, the neighbor kid it is.

Anyway...I'm procrastinating getting started :p I guess I better get off here and get on it. laters :frow

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs I understand how you feel :hugs Not enough hours in the day to get everything done. You'll get it - just don't over do it or you'll get nothin done :hugs

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
You need some hugs :hugs Have a good day, pace yourself, and believe me it will wait on you. :)

I am going to get my driver's permit. Then purchase some cabbage, and broccoli plants. Set those out then put the white grow cover over them, and clean up the nest boxes, add bedding to the brooder and meat rabbit tub, and give some bedding to broody buff. Maintenance the incubators....

A Homesteader's work is never done.... :p Thats how WE like it though....

Good luck today!! :frow

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Well scratch the idea of moving the privacy fence. NOW she wants it. :barnie As soon as I said we were going to move it out of our way and use part of it...she decided she has to use it. I'm losing patience with that woman reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally quickly. For the last few days everything I even mention...suddenly they are going to use it, which is FINE, it's their stuff, but don't just use me to go fetch it for you. I'm not a dog. :smack If she wanted me to get that stuff for her, it would be fine with me. I like to help. But to say no, you can have it, then up and change your stupid mind once it's here :rant I'm about to quit and burn everything still in my yard :rant No, not really, but that's what I feel like doing right about now.

I'm grouchy and short tempered today :/

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs :hugs :hugs

We'd asked my dad about some rusty hog panels laying around up on the hill behind their house when we were working on fencing in the garden spot. Nope, we couldn't have them as he gave them to my BIL. No problem, we got resourceful and finished the fence. About a month ago, the county was coming out to trim trees along the power lines and we got to move those same panels out of the weeds and brush pile so they wouldn't be in the counties way. Once they were done trimming, we got to move them right back to where they originally were. :rant If we had to move them twice, personally, we should have moved them here to begin with! :rolleyes:

Hope you're day is going better! :hide <just in case! :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
It's better, because it's almost over :lol: Mwahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaa...yep, I've about lost it completely today :p

I tried to organize some things in the yard this afternoon. It looks, like slightly organized Sanford & Son. They better come get some of this crap this weekend :old I have 3 toddler playsets in my front yard...for a couple kids over the age of 8 :/ I dunno why she insisted on keeping those. They should be sold, tossed, or given to someone who will/can use them. But, whatever, so long as they're out of my sight soon I'll be okay. I'm glad the moving is over. Most anything worth moving is now moved. We got the pool today, but I need to get the frame/legs over here early tomorrow in case they come in and shut everything down. Still don't know for sure when is the ABSOLUTE last day, but tomorrow is it for me with the pool stuff. Then I gotta clean in up :th

I am still really aggravated that they are just going to leave their dogs. Their dogs run amock through the neighborhood and get into everyones garbage/gardens/etc. and they ARE LEAVING THEM. :hit Everyone hates those dogs. A few neighbors are threatening to shoot them already. So they're just abandoning them, rather than taking responsibility for them. Maybe that's why this whole thing has left me with such a bad taste for having helped them. I feel like an accessory to abandonment of two very stupid mongrels. I hate the dogs too, gotta admit, they've gotten into my birds before, and i wanted to shoot them then myself....but for my niece and nephew I didn't. I warned them about the neighbor having them on his game cam tearing up his garden, and that he would shoot them. They act like they think I'm lying :smack

I just can't wait till all of this is behind me/us and those two dogs are either dead, or gone. They did take the yapper today at least.

Gosh my life is so boring, and aggravating right now. I won't torture with details anymore.

Latest posts