Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey everybody! :frow I can't believe everybody is still here. Its been about a year since I've been here and it all looks the same! :ya

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hey Rebecca! How ya been? I've often wondered how you were doing. :hugs

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Hi rebecca! Glad you came for a visit, hope ya come back :)

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I plan on coming back to visit often :p. I'm working in a nursing home again. Got a garden and a few chickens and rabbits. Doing pretty good I guess. Miss my friends here!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
We miss you too girl!!!! Keep popping back in from time to time :) Most of us are in and out lately. I guess it may pick back up over the winter...we'll see.

Talked to my Kentucky bunch today :D They are all doing well. The boys are even doing good in school now :woot Their foster mom is such a sweetheart!!! :love Was so proud to get an update from them!!

I have been busy cleaning house. I'm about ready to start chucking stuff out the door though. We have been bombarded with "stuff" again. Other peoples stuff, our stuff...stuff we have no idea where it came from...etc. etc. and it has got. to. GO! I need all the space I can get because I have a feeling it is going to be a looooooooong cold winter ahead, and I will go stir crazy being inside if things are too cluttered!

Tomorrow, however, is shopping day. No cleaning will be done tomorrow :/ I will likely be doing a lot of messing things up again instead :p :lol:

Today I took inventory of what we have and figured out what we need to get us through winter months. I need batteries pretty badly, and a few other items I better get while money is coming in because rain days are not paid. Stocking up while he is getting to work every day is necessity.

Did you all see the crazy people in Louisiana that made a run on Walmart with EBT's because they had no limit for a few hours? That place was desolate when they got done with their insane snatch and grab :/ Losers. I wonder if the morons realized the government tracked every penny, and they will be held accountable for that money. Meanwhile I bet they are finding it difficult to put away all of it and wound up giving away a bunch of excess....that they will likely then be accountable for in the long run. Super smart geniuses I tell ya...SUPER. smart!

Anywho....I thought I better update occasionally. Today was a pretty good day considering it was Monday :) Hope everyone else had a great day!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I think stuff is like rabbits-it multiplies easily-especially when no one is looking! So, don't turn your back on it!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm telling you! Seems like crap multiplied today :/ We wound up having to put the calf down. He had some sort of bacterial infection that wasn't caught in time. It wasn't just bloat that got him down :/ I feel like a total failure now...live and learn I guess, but it just really sucks. we did everything we could and it just wasn't enough. He was healthy one day and down the next, and the decline was intense. He would seem to be getting a bit better, and then take a turn for the worse. Today was just it. He was down nearly 6 days. The vet said he'd never get back up, so we offed the poor little guy to put him out of his misery.

I think I need to shoot the others with some penicillin as a precaution in the next couple days just in case it was transmittable to them. They look and act fine, but so did he up until I found him on his side the other day :barnie I am SO frustrated by the whole thing!

Anyway, on a slightly more upbeat note, I found some good hay for the remainder of the ruminants. 90% bermuda, and $5 a square bale. That's not too bad a price. Better than a lot I have seen lately. And well...without bully boy, there are just 4 mouths to feed it to now. I should be able to get them through winter for about $200 rather than nearly $300.

Dinner was tossed together at the drop of a hat, and it turned out pretty well. I had thawed chicken tenders. I cut them into chunks and tossed them on to boil, threw in some rice, chives, onions and garlic, poured in a half cup or so of milk, and let that cook till it was all done, then I tossed in a half pound of Velveeta cheese. It turned out pretty good for a 15 minute oh crap what am I cooking type dinner. I won't have problems with these people eating left overs for once :p They loved it!

I'm cranky. I feel like garbage rolled in poo. It has been a long head achey, heart achey, back achey, pain in the hoo hah kinda crappy day, and I'm beat. First thing this morning, stupiddog stomped my foot and busted the blood vessel in the top of my left foot :/ Then mother nature reared her ugly mug. The mortgage company made a mistake and costed me an hour and a half of MY MORNING trying to get it through that THEY screwed up and can shove their "escrow" where the sun doesn't shine :rolleyes: Then I had to haul a crap load of hay which really sucks when you already ache. Then the calf thing...which was HOURS seems like, and just rush rush rush. I got nothing done I had intended. I had........A MONDAY :sick

TOMORROW is a new day. Hubs will be rained out, and we are gonna lay up in the bed all day like a bunch of lazy college kids on Christmas break. I'm turning the phone off, and DARE anyone to ring my doorbell :p Well...like a bunch of puny college kids anyway...his allergies are getting cranked up as I type. Ah, the joys of getting a day off :lol: At least maybe we can catch up on some sleep and relaxing :hu

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dang - two Mondays in a row - that sucks in such a big way! You deserve a day off - so put an 'out of order' sign over the doorbell, turn off that phone, lock the doors and lay in bed with ice cream and your DH...don't get much better than that, Sis! Hope ya'll have a relaxin' day!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow, sounds like the kind of days ive been having...have a good "rain day" tomorrow!
you earnt it!