Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Well now that all that isn't rolling around in my head anymore I feel better. When I was a kid I had major anxiety issues, environmentally induced(won't get into that), but I always found it soothing to write down every minute detail of what was playing out in my head. Sometimes I'd have 10-20 pages when I finally sat to write, and then I would proofread it, and reword some things till it was EXACTLY how I felt/thought......and then I'd sneak off in the woods and burn it. Finality. And...if anyone had ever seen it I may not be here now to mention it, but that was my "self therapy" and it was the finality of watching it burn that let me let it go. That was a physical act of mentally turning loose of my problems with decisive finality. And then I was done and I was okay and I moved on. Funny...it still works. Except I'm typing and I'm not gonna burn my phone because I mentioned it here lol....but checking off the To Do's when they're To Did...yeah same thing in my mind as torching the dern thing :D So I'm at a manageable stress/anxiety level right now.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:hugs I love that, writing everything down and burning it. It's good to get things out, it really helps!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
That was my only outlet when I was a kid, thankfully I have healthier adult relationships lol

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My mom had us kids do that when she and my dad split up. I don't remember what I wrote, but it's long gone.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
It's very therapeutic. Especially for kids who have no other way to safely voice their feelings.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Well I had a bad morning this morning, won't go into detail but I'm hormonal and ill and tired and frustrated. I hate hormones, I like being happy. It's getting better as the day goes on but I can't stand my attitude some days and just have to gradually force a mood change. Everything is grating on my nerves and I almost got dog bit at this clients house again so I'm in kind of a pissy mood...was almost good before that lol...sheesh some days make ya wonder why you just didn't stay in bed. I shared my bacon with this dang dog and it still hates me. Dogs love me usually....especially with bacon, I mean...hellloooo...it's BACON for crying out loud. Just not my day, and poor dog was abused by a woman. Pit bulls are not one I want to tangle with...I'll even let a dog nip me once to see there's no aggression returned but I don't back down...but I ain't looking forward to a nip from this one...got a head like a alligator...full of big teeth...noooooo thank you! Mentally ill client doesn't understand he needs to be put up and LEFT up while I'm here...which I disagree with but that's the official rules..anyway, that makes a nervous dog more fearful to be shut out like that. Poor thing just needs to build trust and learn some manners. And honestly I'd rather deal with the dog than some of my clients. I understand the dogs behavior. Some people though.... This client isn't bad, but some are awful. Anyway, rambling again....hope everyone is having a Good Friday!!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What a silly dang dog! I mean, if you can't win a dog over with bacon, what can you do? Hope you get outta there and can salvage your Friday!