Want to come back on this forum after almost two years!

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, it is 8:30 am here and I have did two loads of laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, made beds and dealt with two sick kiddos. The two oldest ones are sick. I spent an extra long time today doing the outside chores as it was so peaceful out there, all except our barking dog, which I made dh go get and put back in the house. I can't wait until I can use the clothesline again.

I have 5 BBS Orps eggs now and want to collect today and then stick them in the incubator. The incubator is holding temp good and I calibrated the humidity thing so hopefully they will hatch, guess we will find out in 21 days.

Have a IEP at the school today discussing my youngest dd today. She will be 6 in March so we are going to discuss Kindergarten, should be interesting, hopefully it will go well.

My dad will be coming for dinner tonight so I think I will make enchiladas. Should maybe make some cookies too but I am not in the mood. It is suppose to rain tomorrow so I want to spend the day outside. Hopefully I will sell some chicks or chickens today. I think I have too many animals and trying to figure on how to cut down. :/

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out what is wrong with me lately, I am exhausted all the time, can't seem to complete any project and I am just so blah feeling. I am afraid life has gotten the best of me lately and I am getting old. It doesn't matter to me that my house is dirty or anything else. I just don't care.

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:hugs hang in there, spring is really coming -

maybe you are just exhausted, and maybe a little sun deprived...hope you can find some way to indulge yourself a little = I don't know what that would be for you, but you probably know!

when is spring for you? I can't start plants til late March as I can't plant til almost June~

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like the winter blues. I feel like I am hibernating. With all this rain I have not been out is days.

Need sun, need sun, need to recharge.

Maybe you could just head for a garden center somewhere. Wander around and get some fresh air. I am already dreaming of what I will plant this year. It helps.

Feel better.

gina

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
It is sooo winter here, too. I need the sun and I need just a little warmth. Spring seems so far away this time of year. I can't even plan a garden since I can't start seeds for another 3 months at least. I am just hanging in there, too- I can sympathize with the blah feeling. I am trying to do things that sort of "pull" me toward spring and summer- like planning which trees I am going to tap and what I want to put in to grow and planning on getting my young mare broke and ridden this year.

It only helps a bit. Maybe I need a sun lamp like the chickens do.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
homesteadmomma said:
I am trying to figure out what is wrong with me lately, I am exhausted all the time, can't seem to complete any project and I am just so blah feeling. I am afraid life has gotten the best of me lately and I am getting old. It doesn't matter to me that my house is dirty or anything else. I just don't care.
How old are you?

I just turned 48 and the farm work is starting to make my body crooked..LOL..and the amt. of daily work is dragging my mind down also. Plus I have almost 5 year old daughter wanting more time. ugh

but I am changing. less work, more fun in life. that is my goal.

Everyone goes thru this to some extent.

BUT keep up with a little of the housework cause "when you feel your old self again and chipper" you look around and realize you have alot of catching up to do..LOL---I know, been there..haha

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh my goodness, I didn't except all these replies. I appreciate all of them, I truly do. It makes me feel cared about. :hugs I think part of the problem is that I sprained my ankle two weeks ago. It is messing with me. I was walking everyday, running in fact and losing weight and now I can't and have gained 6 pounds back.

After I posted that I started wandering around the house again and decided enough was really enough and deep cleaned the bathroom. It was disgusting, I really don't think it has ever been that bad but it no longer. It is clean. Even stood on the counter and changed the ligthbulb in the overhead light that has to have the screws taken out. I am completely capable but just hadn't did it.

It is raining here so that is depressing but I am going to try to enjoy it because soon it will hot. I also planted my seeds WAY too early but I had them all laying around except the tomato seeds, which cost a buck, I consider it cheap therapy. ;)

Dd and I have to work on her schoolwork today, we have did none of it all week and we have a conference next week. That should over well, not really. I really like the curriculum but hate the fact that we have to be at a certain percentage. I mean instead of schoolwork this week, she spent a good part of it down at her grandpa's helping learn how to wire electricity to his shop. That has got to count for something.

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
homesteadmomma said:
How old are you?

I just turned 48 and the farm work is starting to make my body crooked..LOL..and the amt. of daily work is dragging my mind down also. Plus I have almost 5 year old daughter wanting more time. ugh

but I am changing. less work, more fun in life. that is my goal.

Everyone goes thru this to some extent.

BUT keep up with a little of the housework cause "when you feel your old self again and chipper" you look around and realize you have alot of catching up to do..LOL---I know, been there..haha
I am only 34 but the last couple of years have really taken a toll on me I think. Dealing with dh's back and hips issues and him not being able to work and fighting with Social Security. Also dealing with dd's diagnosis and therapies. I was taking her to PT and OT four times a week at 80 miles round trip and working 40 hours a week on top of that. I think I just need to breathe and enjoy the ride we call life.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
:hugs

It sounds like you have you hands full and just need a down day or two.....lounge around and recharge your batteries.

I get like that too, I think we all do. Sometimes I find myself in such a fog I just can't shake it. I know what needs to be done but I just don't give a crud.

Sounds like a little 'sprout' therapy should help! I just love it when I see little green sprouts poking up out of my pots. I hope you get a good germination rate :thumbsup

Hang in there sunny weather is just around the corner :cool:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Winter blues, SAD, depression....whatever you want to call it...it can really kick you in the butt sometimes. I'm so sorry you are feeling it dragging you down.... :hugs

Sometimes it helps me to have a ME day.

Get away from the house(do this now and again)

..... go to a tanning bed for some fake sunshine(haven't done this one in about a year, darn it!)

.... go visit a supportive friend(haven't done this yet)

... eat a good meal all by myself that has been prepared by someone else(did this yesterday~honey-dipped chicken :drool at the Fat Boy's Pork Palace :lol: )

... go to the library and snuggle down in the beanbags and read a good magazine(did this Thurs. evening)

... clean my room and then lie down in it and read a good book(well, read a good book anyway...the room will have to wait :D ).

Looking through seed catalogs and dreaming of spring is working for me right now....and, of course, talking to all you wonderful ladies! ;)