Want to come back on this forum after almost two years!

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I estimated him to be about 300 pounds on the tape, the butcher thought close to 250-275. I really have no idea, I guess I will find out soon. He seemed like a big boy.

Dooley

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Whoosh! 250 is a big pig! Happy eatin'!

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
After the pig went to the butcher I came home and cleaned up the house and then the man came to pick up my non-layers. I am so excited because he told my dear hubby he had a ton of windows and we could have some for our greenhouse. We had heavy plastic on it but the great window storm that came through it destroyed it.

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This week has been crazier than most around here. The weather has ranged from in the low 50s to 30s and rainy. Taking advantage of the nicer days and been doing tons of yearly property maintenance. We have only 3 and 1/2 fruit trees left to prune. I say 1/2 because the apple tree in the backyard is half done and none of the branches picked up. We didn't prune much last year so we have to make up for it this year.

We finally got the buck and wether pen done, once we started it took like two hours but we had many setbacks before actually getting started. They escaped once because I didn't get the gate latched right but dh fixed it and there have been no more escapes. Anxiously watching the does, the buck came home here on September 11th so February 3rd is the very earliest they could kid. I am thinking it will be more like the end of February. I have the kidding area in the barn set up though so hopefully I am ready.

I just came in from pruning all the blackberries off our fence and property line. The other side is a overgrown vacant alley so we really should go on the other side with a chainsaw and cut them down as they keep pulling the top of the fence over.

Went and picked up youngest at school early today as she had a 7 minute seizure and I want her home with me. We are working on adjusting her meds but the insurance doesn't really want to pay. Understandably I suppose because one prescription alone is $1,203.00 per month. However she can't be without these pills either.

Oldest took his driving part of his driving test, he has to do on Thursday or Friday to take the written part. Scary to say the least in my mind.

Last night was parent night at AWANAs and I went with middle child. I had a lot of fun and she has now gotten further in her T & T book than any other girl who has ever participated in AWANAs at that church. I am very proud of her.

Both older kids made honor roll so very happy about that.

I need to go make the bed, I washed the sheets today. I also will straighten up before dh gets home.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
You have been busy! Hope your daughter is better today.

How many and what kind of fruit trees do you have total?

jambunny

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We have been enjoying the weather you are sending us. Hope they find a better medication regime for your daughter. Medications are so overpriced.

Latest posts