Washingtonians welcome!

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi all you WA gals, Iam new and Iam from central WA about twenty miles out side of Yakima. Been flying under the radar here for a few months and have just decided to start getting involved a bit. I have learned alot of cool stuff and with help from all the knowledgeable people on here look forward to learning more.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
HI!!! Welcome to sufficientself! There are a few of us from WA. (I'm a transplant from TX, but I've been here a full year this month.:woot )

We just spent this weekend at Longbeach, WA, it was magical...everything in your state is magical.

Glad you joined the forum! (My real name is Sally :) )

Love your sig. line by the way!

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am just loving these connecting sites-byc, ss, byh, and teg, only problem is, once I get here I can't get out. I think they need a "forum annonymous" with a 12 step program. LOL (please no offense intended to any AA'rs) I'm just excited to see so many people excited about the same things I am. :celebrate

I live in the Tacoma area going on 11 1/2 years now, but have lived in Olympia area for 12 years and was born and raised in Auburn. Hubby says I have webbed toes, but they are just short. Actually my 10 yo does have webbed toes-the two middle toes are almost completely attached by skin. Just in case nobody understands the point here-Native Washingtonians have webbed feet like a duck because of the rain (or so the joke rumor goes).

Big Brown Horse Welcome to Washington! Have you been over the mountains to see Eastern Wa yet? It's like a whole different world. Not so many trees, not so much rain and has a beauty all it's own. This state has alot of diversity. Coastal beaches, thick forests, concrete jungles, tall mountains/glaciers, rolling hills, dry desert, farmlands-just to name a few and all are within a few hours drive.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
I am just loving these connecting sites-byc, ss, byh, and teg, only problem is, once I get here I can't get out. I think they need a "forum annonymous" with a 12 step program. LOL (please no offense intended to any AA'rs) I'm just excited to see so many people excited about the same things I am. :celebrate

I live in the Tacoma area going on 11 1/2 years now, but have lived in Olympia area for 12 years and was born and raised in Auburn. Hubby says I have webbed toes, but they are just short. Actually my 10 yo does have webbed toes-the two middle toes are almost completely attached by skin. Just in case nobody understands the point here-Native Washingtonians have webbed feet like a duck because of the rain (or so the joke rumor goes).

Big Brown Horse Welcome to Washington! Have you been over the mountains to see Eastern Wa yet? It's like a whole different world. Not so many trees, not so much rain and has a beauty all it's own. This state has alot of diversity. Coastal beaches, thick forests, concrete jungles, tall mountains/glaciers, rolling hills, dry desert, farmlands-just to name a few and all are within a few hours drive.
Hi Old Fashioned!

We are practically neighbors! We traveled through South East WA on our way here, Walla Walla, Yakima/Yakama? etc. but we didn't get to sight see too much. I am very excited about going east as soon as possible, sounds wonderful! You are right, everything I love is within a 2 hour drive.

(Washingotn's wines and micro brews are to die for!)

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
oops, almost forgot....and a coffee stand on every street corner and within a few minutes in any direction! And some of the "barista's" are fully clothed even. I stay away from the "bikini" places cause I haven't found one yet with buff guys. woo hoo! Has anyone else heard on the news about some of the "bikini" coffee stands doing more than just showing their tan lines? What gives, anyway?

Another thought/question off subject....Has anyone else heard something about the US being taken over and people will be kicked out of their homes, etc? Hubby mentioned the other day (sorry I can't remember all he said) but had to do with this line of thinking. I did read a link on another post (somewhere in the byc or ss forums) about our money/currency being "challenged"(?) in world politics/economy. But dh was talking about more than just $$.
I'd be curious if anyone else has heard anything along these lines. Yes I know too that most rumors are baseless, but ya all have to admit that on Sept 10, NOBODY ever dreamed and would have laughed at the idea of 9/11.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Hi Oldfashioned, and welcome!

I think the statement you refer to has to do with the fact that our country owes China loads of money. Now that banks own a lot of properties . . . perhaps they will offload them to the Chinese government. I believe that is the line of logic. :hu

ETA: I'm in Kitsap County.

Greg Richardson

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Need a new work van for my Drywall business.
Having really rotten luck on Craigslist.
Anyone have one or know of anyone selling a Ford Econoline Cargo Van 1500 6 cylinder 1995 to 2002 please pm me. Thanks!

BTW.............
Here is my website........................
http://www.drywallbygreg.com/index.html
Just started it but Home page will give you an idea about my business if you need any work done.

Cinebar

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hello, fellow Washingtonians!

Rural Lewis County here. I have a volcano (St. Helens) in my front yard (sorta') and another one (sorta') in my back (side?) yard (Rainier).

Sick of rain and mud; I probably shouldn't live here. :/

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
We have been dry all morning. Sure it will start raining the minute I go for my walk. :/

(Over here in Puget Sound region)

I love this kind of weather though. :p