Water Authority to Inspect Property Tomorrow!!!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Sunny said:
I would be a pain back to him, when they come to inspect the property. I would let them know that you are a closed flock. To prevent diseases. Quiz him on the various diseases that they can carry to your property, from another property that they may have inspected that same day. Go to the hospital, get some of those paper booties. Get some disinfectant that kills the type of diseases that chickens carry. Spray his clothes with the spray and make them wear disposable plastic gloves and the booties. Make him realize you are on top of it and there is no worry about your chickens. And that you take cleanlyness of your chickens a number one priority.
I think that is a REALLY great idea. Print up a copy of the National Poultry Improvement Plan and give him a taste of their OWN bureaucracy!! Have HIM sign something that states he has not been personally exposed to H1N1 virus or the Avian flu for x number of days. Plastic booties and disinfectant for SURE! ;)

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Please tell us how it goes. And I really like the last few posts. You are aware that you are legally allowed to wear a pistol as long as it is not concealed. We all realize that the health dept. is doing what we need for them to do and that their services are important. After all, we are supposed to be a civil society. But I have never met an inspector who didn't feel and act like they are superior beings and that you should tremble in fear of them.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Boogity said:
But I have never met an inspector who didn't feel and act like they are superior beings and that you should tremble in fear of them.
:lol: The last inspector that came out here was the county building inspector. He was here for a final occupancy inspection on my new shed I built a couple of years ago, just before I had started the greenhouse. The only time he got nosy with me, was when he asked me why I had put the garage door and the man door on the side facing away from the street. I looked him right in the eye and told him I didn't care for people being nosy about what I had in the shed. He thought about it for a second, chuckled out loud, signed my paper and left without saying another word. :lol:

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
JUst for information, if it is a public water system They don't need a warrent to inspect their system or anything attached to it. Don't try to fight unless you have another water supply ready to use because they can cut your supply off from outside at anytime.
as for cleaning your gun that is a good way to have your gun taken by the authorities and you to be charged with assult.

As I mentioned before I am sitting in a federal disaster area due to a f3 tornado touching down in my neighborhood 4/16. Friday I made a food run because I wabted some bread and fruit Canned goods were getting boring. While I was out the water authority dug a trench across my drive way and left it opened and UNMARKED. I may be ignorate but I had never heard of tornados tearing up underground pipes. I pulled off the road in my neighbor's drive and called the Sherrif they were patroling the neighborhood looking for looters so they got there fast. The poor deputy fell into the ditch that I had avoided and then things got lively! The deputy had to call for a wrecker to get his car out of the trench. The word went up the chain and the Sherrif(County official) pulled the head of the Water Department (City official) out of his home to the trench. Where someone got their a$$ chewed. On the other hand here it is Tuesday morning and the trench is still there and I have to use the neighbor's drive to get in or out.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
IMO, this is probably just a guy doing his job.

I'd be nice and polite, just answer questions and not be defensive. Communication goes a long way in resolving any problem, but I bet there isn't one.

Our closet neighbors - one's a health inspector, the other works for the county tax office - both are really nice gals, just trying to do their jobs without getting beat up. If there's a problem, they give you a chance to fix it.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I agree.

My mother always taught me to "kill them with kindness". Besides if things need to be fixed you want him on your side. But I would fish around a bit and find out if he came because of a complaint from a neighbor. Then you will know the root of the problem.

:hu

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I agree.

My mother always taught me to "kill them with kindness". Besides if things need to be fixed you want him on your side. But I would fish around a bit and find out if he came because of a complaint from a neighbor. Then you will know the root of the problem.

:hu
That's my plan. My best friend is a private investigator. She said since he works for a government agency she can investigate the report and find out if someone reported me. I'm still a little anxious. I just don't like people telling me I'm doing something wrong because I almost always research and plan everything I do to the fullest before I do it. I hate to do something twice or end up with problems. This kind of thing drives me nuts! He's coming at 1:30 today. I'll report back when he leaves.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I personally think that anyone with a garden hose should have a check valve on the outside tap. Garden hoses put alot of junl back into the water you drink inside your home. Our house has them, and I'm glad they do...any new house build in our city has them by mandate

Latest posts