Water Authority to Inspect Property Tomorrow!!!

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We are required (by the county, I believe) to have a back flow check every year, and submit a form saying that everything is OK. This is something we have to pay for, not just an inspector coming out. I dislike being told that *I have to*, but suppose it is a good idea that it be done.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
People without backflow preventers (check valves) sometimes cr*p up a whole buncha other peoples' water (when you're on city water), with fertilizer or pond scum or whatever. I do not see how it is unreasonable to be required to have one; and they're not expensive. Anyhow you said you think you already have one.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with flock health or biosecurity in any POSSIBLE way and I really think that if you come off all bristly and defensive and hostile you are just going to open up MORE cans o' worms for yourself ;)

Good luck, it is really probably no big deal at all,

Pat

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Phew! Inspection took less than 5 minutes. He looked, commented on how beautiful they are, asked where the irrigation heads were, thanked me, said he doesn't see any problems and left! :)

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Well I'm glad that it went well. I know it must have been a relief for you also. :thumbsup

Latest posts