Water Closet

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Since I re-did all the drywall in the bathroom I also had to do a lot of sanding, especially butt joints <click< . It left the entire floor covered in a fine white dust of drywall compound.

I must now commend all you ladies (and man servants) on a job that seems undeserving and thankless. Drinking many beers - the fuel that powers remodeling, I have found that no matter how careful a man may try to be, a tell tale sprinkling on the dust always showed up. I am now considering a urinal for the new house as I refuse to do a superfluous sit.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
What if you not only painted the area above the tub surround white (as you've said) but also EXTENDED that white area to the tops of the other walls? It would make the room feel a little larger by making the ceiling seem wider. Don't do this if the ceiling is already low, but otherwise it is definitely something to consider.

Have fun,

Pat

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Since you are selling soon, I like the neutral. Also, I would paint above the tub. It may look like you didn't finish the job to prospective buyers. You may even want to ask a realtor in your area what they think since they would know what people are looking for.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
:ep The guy in the mirror is naked! :ep

I'd go with the blue, I think there will be too much neutral in there... but thats just me, blue isn't my fav. color either. :th

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Ok, you got me. I clicked on page tow, not knowing there was a pic added. so naturally I had to go back to see the naked man. :gig

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I noticed that too, but didn't want to state the obvious :ep
He has no shame, standing there nude, winking and waving, lol :lol:

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:yuckyuck :lol:

Frankly, I love the blue. (Blue is my favorite color!) Get yourself some chocolate brown towels and accessories and it will look great! :)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
looks great, I say go neutral. That way next year when your tired of the blue accent color all you need to do is change the shower curtain and towels. When I did my bathrooms the two with color on the walls are still the same. Very hard to change. My master bath is a putty color. I change the towels and the whole room looks different.

Just my .02

gina

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Just did a half painting using skyblue - what do you think? I will hold my opinion. It is still wet and looks shiny but is a gloss none the less.
HalfnHalf.jpg