Water Closet

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I like the blue... but then blue is one of my favourite colours and it is the colour of one of my bathrooms.

I don't find the blue that outrageous a colour, so even if you are selling it would be fine. I think an entire house of beige is pretty blah... one small room of colour would break it up and add some interest.

We're planning on selling once the house is fixed up, and every room will be a different colour, but VERY pale colours so they are pretty neutral.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
hwillm1977 said:
I like the blue... but then blue is one of my favourite colours and it is the colour of one of my bathrooms.
I also like blue, every car i ever bought was blue, all my money was blew on my ex-wife. sigh.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Looks nice, I have a blue bathroom as well. Mine is decorated with little yellow ducks!!

Aly, That says DUCKS!!!

g

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Looks great!
looks great ! blue or beige? or should I leave it half and half?

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
If you are selling the house go with beige.
When I was selling my father's house, which had a blue bedroom, bath and dining room (robin's egg blue), the prospective buyers were put off by the blue. I painted beige and it sold within 2 days with the change in color.
The thing about blue is that there are so many shades that it is relative to the person's preference in blue. I like a cool purpley blue like bluebells, but my sister likes warm greenish blue. It is like they are 2 unrelated colors.
Of course if you are selling to another man who wants a man cave, blue is fine. Just from my perspective. :/

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
xpc said:
big brown horse said:
Looks great!
looks great ! blue or beige? or should I leave it half and half?
The blue. I didn't notice the beige, if you painted it.

Don't take my word for it, I'm no designer. (I sold my house in 3 weeks and the whole living room was almost that exact color of blue. But I think I just got lucky.)

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
My buddy and his wife are coming over on Saturday (I think she's Eskimo) and will let her decide the color (white is their favorite color you know). Since they eat whale blubber and twice my size I believe white it will be.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Whale blubber, huh? Better hide those dogs. Deisel looks like he's had a lot of success scoring stuff off the grill. :p

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
sylvie said:
Whale blubber, huh? Better hide those dogs. Deisel looks like he's had a lot of success scoring stuff off the grill. :p
And that ain't no lie, for the last 2+ years with him being my only room mate I always cooked for two, he ate what I ate (no dog food) now that I have had the little pig bull since last December I've been weaning him from spaghetti (his favorite) to a dog food that the younger one eats. Sometimes he waits for 2 days before he will eat dog food, just waiting for me to cook - I have to hide in the bathroom and eat off the toilet tank like a jailed prisoner.