Ways to loose belly fat

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just WAIT -- "stuff" moves around...not where you want it. Gravity is cruel. Wrinkles are ugly. Turkey necks abound. Creases where you never thought it could happen. :lol: :lol:
My 3 year old grand daughter: What's that on your face?
Me: Wrinkles.
Her: Where do they come from?
Me: I've had a lot of birthdays, when I have a birthday, I get another wrinkle.
Her: deep contemplation....I don't want any more birthdays

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This condition can be greatly complicated by secondary diagnsis of bulbous abdominal protrusion. BAP can be caused by various diagnoses, including but not limited to: pregnancy, beer gut, ascites, metabolic disparity of caloric intake vs. expenditure. The latter can often be cured by various measures, the most drastic of which is bilateral arm casts which fix elbows at 0* flexion.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Keto didn't make a difference for me for losing the belly fat. :(
I have a bit of belly fat. It's the first bit to gain and last to lose. I have to get under 130# (at 5'9") to lose it. But BMI that low is associated with 47% increased risk of death for all causes, so I'm not motivated to lose that little bit.

Oh well. Low carb is still so much healthier I'll stick to it for reasons other than vanity. :D

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's interesting @Hinotori. DH can't even look at a potato without his sugar skyrocketing. I actually have a big ol' tub that I planted potatoes in last spring. After the vines flowered and died back I dumped it over - no potatoes bigger than a quarter.

I noticed the other day that there are pretty potato plants growing out of the same tub...don't know if there are potatoes under there or not. If there are they'll probably crater in the freeze that we're expecting.

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So WHY did you cancel -- don't like the thought of it? You say you "noticed big change in my digestive tract" -- not big change in waistline, per say. I'm guessing you are seeing DIGESTIVE issues & elimination issues and you NEED to carry your butt to the colonoscopy place. And, consider asking for an MRI for your gut. Do not guess this -- you are NOT qualified to diagnose.

Sound like your wife?? Well, good. She probably told you same things. Men! A@@kicking done.:rant

By the way, I use one size larger pants in winter -- long johns are thick. NO, I will not just buy larger & larger. Back to smaller. :old

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If you're eating potatoes prepared at home, they are actually pretty good for you. Make sure you have enough healthy fat with them to slow carb digestion and aid in vitamin and nutrient absorption. They actually should be eaten with some salt to help balance out the potassium. A baked potato doesn't raise my blood sugars at all. I have to be careful and eat enough protein with it or it will drop my sugars too low. Fries raise it but not in the manner rice and corn do.

One of my favorite lunch time meals: Potato baked IN the wood stove. Covered with what ever cooked veggies I have on hand, Generous serving of roasted garlic, (also cooked IN the wood stove), a bit of sour cream, cheese melted on top, mixed seasonings, salt to taste.

Why? Well... I didn't like the idea of having a colonoscopy at all.

How would you know you have a mass if you don't do the screening test?

I have refused to do a colonoscopy. I will do Fecal Occult Blood. And find myself wondering why I even bother with that. My brother has colon cancer: radiation, ? chemo, conlonoscopy, illeostomy. He's been suffering greatly since his surgery, in the hospital more than he's out of the hospital.

Hubby and I have discussed the options, and we have both come to this conclusion: if cancer becomes an issue, we will most likely opt to enjoy what time we have left, and not subject our bodies to burning, poisoning, or cutting.

Many years ago, in the wee hours of the morning, when I was nursing my infant daughter, God spoke to me in a voice that was unmistakable. Not heard with ears, but heard within my soul: "ARE YOU READY?" (to leave this life) My response: "Yes, Lord, I'm ready."

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
One of my favorite lunch time meals: Potato baked IN the wood stove. Covered with what ever cooked veggies I have on hand, Generous serving of roasted garlic, (also cooked IN the wood stove), a bit of sour cream, cheese melted on top, mixed seasonings, salt to taste.

I have refused to do a colonoscopy. I will do Fecal Occult Blood. And find myself wondering why I even bother with that. My brother has colon cancer: radiation, ? chemo, conlonoscopy, illeostomy. He's been suffering greatly since his surgery, in the hospital more than he's out of the hospital.

Hubby and I have discussed the options, and we have both come to this conclusion: if cancer becomes an issue, we will most likely opt to enjoy what time we have left, and not subject our bodies to burning, poisoning, or cutting.

Many years ago, in the wee hours of the morning, when I was nursing my infant daughter, God spoke to me in a voice that was unmistakable. Not heard with ears, but heard within my soul: "ARE YOU READY?" (to leave this life) My response: "Yes, Lord, I'm ready."

NICE! ARE YOU READY? What a question... Sure you try and do what's right, but no one will EVER be able to do everything you "think" you should to be ready. And when that space between my ears starts telling me I need to do this, that or the other thing. I just repeat Ephesians 2:8-9 :) so yep, I'm ready by faith, I'm ready.

Last edited: