Ways to loose belly fat

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
When we were still in the dating stage, my (now) husband took me home to meet his parents, and his Mom did not like me. I could tell, but to give her credit, she acted nice enough to me. She wanted DH to date one of his friends who was from a "society" family. Anyway, she was going to tell her son that I was not good enough for him, but her husband wouldn't let her. He was DH's step-father and he liked me right away. He told her that I was the best thing that ever happened to her son and to "butt out".
We became friends eventually, and she is the one who told me that story as an apology for being stupid back then, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When we were still in the dating stage, my (now) husband took me home to meet his parents, and his Mom did not like me. I could tell, but to give her credit, she acted nice enough to me. She wanted DH to date one of his friends who was from a "society" family. Anyway, she was going to tell her son that I was not good enough for him, but her husband wouldn't let her. He was DH's step-father and he liked me right away. He told her that I was the best thing that ever happened to her son and to "butt out".
We became friends eventually, and she is the one who told me that story as an apology for being stupid back then, lol.

So glad ya'll were able to become friends after that. Sometimes it takes people awhile to learn how wonderful we really are. She shouldn't have judged you unfairly. I have a been there done that story with my first MIL, lol.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey my MIL hates me so I've come to accept it, lol. Glad you all have happier conclusions!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My ex MIL hated me too. She is such a horrible person that she has no one left except her daughter. What goes around, comes around.

mrghostwalker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I cut out all sugar and almost all carbs- other than 2 slices of whole wheat toast in the morning and low carb vegetables and nuts. I now eat high protein and mostly healthy fats. I lost 50 lbs and am back to my college waistline. My glucose, blood pressure and cholesterol numbers have dropped
At first I had some saggy loose skin over my abdomen but after a few months it tightened up.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I cut out all sugar and almost all carbs- other than 2 slices of whole wheat toast in the morning and low carb vegetables and nuts. I now eat high protein and mostly healthy fats. I lost 50 lbs and am back to my college waistline. My glucose, blood pressure and cholesterol numbers have dropped
At first I had some saggy loose skin over my abdomen but after a few months it tightened up.
Awesome! And Congrats! That's hard to do!

I'm adjusting to a new medical diet. As I'm starting to settle I'm increasing the length of intermittent fasting back to my sweet spot. I'm still testing recipes, but will soon be dropping carbs. I've been making no-sugar-added jams and sauces this week and muffins too. The sugar is a lower glycemic index, but oh-my-goodness it's still sugar. Not liking how I feel - morning breath, yuck. Diet-compliant sugars are still sugars!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score

:welcome So glad to have you!

I'm doing the same and have lost the same. Though not back to my former waistline just yet....that's going to be a longer road.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

Welcome to SS. Hope you enjoy your chats here. General location????