Ways to loose belly fat

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If I switch my fluid intake to water instead of caloric drinks, and ADD 1 or more generous servings of fruits/non starchy veggies, and do NOTHING ELSE, I will loose about a pound/week.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I already have cut down on my caloric drinks (only two cups of coffee on the morning and 1 in the afternoon when my boyfriend comes home from work) and I only drink diet soda

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If I wasn't huge (or fluffy as you say) then my health wouldn't be in jeopardy and my boyfriend (who claims he loves me) wouldn't be after me to lose weight even though he's on the big side homselfView attachment 9712
That was taken at his employer's Christmas party back in Dec 2018.

If your health is on the line, let's get it off. We will be your cheering section and support you all the way. When we married, my husband was at 300 pounds. It took a year of counting calories for him to lose 70 pounds. Today I am 63, he is 73, we are active, healthy and working at staying that way.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I too am overweight. Or as the nurse told me the other day - "Morbidly Obese".
I have been working on eating better. Doing it one step at a time.
I cut back on soda, will eventually get to minimal soda - we go out to eat with friends every Friday night and soda will always be in my beverage there, but only then.
I have cut back on sweets.
I need to eliminate my snacking at my desk while working. That one will be huge in calories saved.
I need to get exercising - again. I always felt so much better when I was active, but I have gotten so heavy that exercise is a challenge. We managed to get the workout room set up somewhat, but need a new outlet for the fancy/expensive elliptical machine DH had to buy last year. I will admit it is a nice machine and very easy on the joints.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Exercise....geeze! You' think that lifting/moving feed sacks and bales of hay would be adequate. Throw in fixing fences, moving animals and everyday activities and that should do it right? But nooooooo - not good enough, lol.

I rarely get in 10,000 steps. I figure if I take 10000 steps in a day I'm not being efficient, lol. But, on almost any given day I walk at least 2 miles. Why isn't that enough???? :(

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I know I don't do enough walking but I take the two dogs in and out all day long plus regular housekeeping responsibilities so I think I get enough exercise during the day but my weight says differently.
Once my boyfriend and I move to our new house I'm going to try to take more walks.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Who says it's not?
I'm 63 years old. Tonight I will unload 13 bags of feed. This weekend I'll move more hay bales from one barn to the other. A few months back, in the summer when it was 100+ degrees I unloaded and stacked those 50 bales of hay that I keep moving now. I feel strong and in good shape. Yet, the scale is still my enemy...

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
One of my previous docs used to get on my case every time I went to her b/c I was not involved in an exercise program. I told her: When I work, I am often lifting people who weigh more than I do. I am pushing and pulling and lifting all day long. When I am home, I am building stone walls, cutting, stacking and carrying fire wood, working on construction projects, gardening without use of rototiller, hauling rocks out of the ground, using a pick axe to dig holes to plant trees, harvesting and processing garden produce, hauling 50# bags of feed. I don't have time to "EXERCISE!"

I am several months shy of 63!